Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Patrick LukPatrick Luk
      Participant

Hi all, please see video. Everytime we enable the touch function, it does this. Many boards we have this issue. Seems like fast random touches, interference ? I have to remove the USB in order to take back control.

Driver is most up to dat, windows 10 1903 and 1809, tried with new USB cables short or long, changed USB1 USB 2, all Dell computers Vostro 470.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LSZBr-nPo9DVtyCHE0dyZWyJ7mevyiRu/view?usp=sharing

Patrick LukPatrick Luk
      Participant

Picture of the video… bubble like. looks like a touch everywhere but strangely the monitor has that too which is not normal. Where could the interference comes from ?

Hi Patrick Luk,

Thanks for posting.

For confirmation, if you disable the touch using the method outlined on the link below, does this stop this issue for the numerous ActivBoards you have?

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1104/

As the ActivBoards will have been installed for some time, I would look to see if there has been anything installed recently in the classroom environment to see if this is causing an electrical interference.

I would recommend reading the below article too:

If you still have any issues please let me know.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Support

Patrick LukPatrick Luk
        Participant

If I disable, it stops.

by the way, I have many boards same issue, not only one.

what are the electronics components that could fail ? Can something interfere ?

Hi Patrick,

As you are experiencing issues with multiple ActivBoards and not just one, this is unlikely to be the electronics. This is confirmed by the issue stopping when the touch is disabled.

Something in those classrooms environment is interfering with the touch electronics and this is why you are receiving the random touch events to the side as shown on your video.

If you have rooms that do not experience this issue with the same model of ActivBoard, you could move this ActivBoard to one of those rooms and most likely you’ll not experience the same issue, confirming that there is something interfering with the touch layer of the ActivBoard.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Patrick LukPatrick Luk
        Participant

What can I do to determine what factor is interfering with it. Any procedure or any lookup ? I am interested to know how the technology is build so I can undertsand what is going on.

Hi Patrick,

I will email you with further troubleshooting steps to help assist with this issue.

Thanks

Adam
      Promethean Support

steve suttonsteve sutton
      Participant

i am getting exactly the same issue on around 20 boards and seems to be getting worse.. can you please let me have these details as well?

as far as i know no electronic work has been done .

Hi Steve,

I will follow up with an email to you with further details.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

Bohuslav HůlkaBohuslav Hůlka
      Participant

Hello, we have the same problem in our school. 4 boards..and even our local provider does not have an advice.

Thanks a lot for Your help! ..and perhaps it would be usefull to publish it for others?

Patrick LukPatrick Luk
        Participant

Hi there,

With time, I had several board like this that sometimes acts ths way. I find that the heat/humidity could be a factor. The classrooms very hot or when it rains. True just make sure that there is no obstruction nor any electronics things near the board, make sure the USB cable is ok. I also unplugged the USB cable and reinsert and it works too. I didn’t have any solution, it just happens and it is called “spikes”.

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi Bohuslav,

Thanks for your post. Do you know what model of board you have? This can be found on the sticker label of the board.

Troubleshooting varies depending on the board model, so we would rather check your board model first so that we can provide the correct troubleshooting steps.

Here are some checks that may help:

1. Ensure there are no materials on the board that could be obstructing the sensors.
      2. Check your firmware version: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1584/
      3. Ensure you are using a USB cable of no more than 3 metres that is connected directly from the PC to the board’s USB port.
      4. Does this issue happen with all computers? If so what is the operating system and version?

We look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Kate

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.