Software Solutions

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    sarahcourt
    sarahcourt
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed active inspire through the website download (rather than using my schools disk software as I do not have a disk drive). However all the displays are tiny and I cannot use the programme. Also I have opened flipcharts that I have created at school and they are not displayed correctly at all.

Can you help? 

Anonymous

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the icons being tiny, this usually occurs when a higher screen resolution is used.
    Please could you advise what screen resolution the computer is currently set to?
    Does this make a difference when you are using a lower screen resolution such as 1920×1080?

If you open ActivInspire and click on Settings>Layout and change the Icon Size to 32, does this make a difference?

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous

Hello,

I have tried changing the
    resolution of the screen on my lapti but this has made no difference to active
    inspires display. I also tried to
    Settings>Layout and change the Icon Size to 32, however I do
    not have a layout option within my settings.

What
    else shall I do?

Thanks,
    Sarah

Anonymous

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply.

What is the current screen resolution on the computer?
    Are you able to provide a screenshot of what this currently looks like?

It would appear if you do not have the Layout tab that you are using the personal edition of ActivInspire. If you have any Promethean Hardware you may be entitled to upgrade to the Professional edition by entering the Activation key into ActivInspire under Help>About>Register. The activation key is usually found on your Promethean hardware on a sticker and starts with 0015/0016. 

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Anonymous

This is what my screen looks like – with the very small task bar.

Anonymous

Hello sarahcourt ,

When resolution is changed in Windows 10, you may need to restart the computer for these changes to apply.  Please change the resolution to something that is at 1920X1080 or lower and then restart the computer. 

Please let us know what resolution you are currently using.

Do you know if you have a license key for the Professional edition of the software?

Thanks
    Michael
    Promethean Support

Anonymous

Hi, I am a math teacher looking to buy a set of activotes off of Ebay currently. I was looking into a set of 32 of the class activotes, and it says that it comes with one ActivHub, what looks to be a USB cable of some sort, a screwdriver, and then a two disc ActivStudio software. I was wondering:
     1.) I am supposed to download the software from this website, or am I supposed to use the one that is sent with the activotes by downloading the software on the laptop through the disc?
    2.) Also will it work on my laptop? I have a Lenovo
    3.) Will this program work by being brought up on the laptop and hooked up through a projector to be seen on the board by a USB cable? Like will the activotes still work and the questions be able to be seen by the students, etc.?
    4.) Last question, do I need the board or pad to go with this? Or is there anything else besides the software, activotes, and Activhub that I need for these to work?

Thank you and sorry for all the questions.

Anonymous

Hi mathgurl60

Thanks for posting, to help answer your questions i’ve listed below the answers to your questions.  

1. The ActivStudio software CD that you have mentioned is no longer supported or available to download online.
    2. As the ActivStudio software is no longer supported, we will be unable to help confirm if this will work on your Lenovo laptop.
    3. The way the Activotes work is you plug in the ActivHub to your computer, you register the Activotes to your ActivHub and then you create your question sets which can then be used by students and answer using the Activote handsets.
    4. You do not need any other hardware to use this set up. 

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Anonymous

Hi, sorry to bother again but the ActivStudio software can still be downloaded to a laptop using the disc set that is included with the activotes correct though right? Just want to make sure. Thank you.

Anonymous

Hi mathgurl60,

ActivStudio can be installed using the disc that is included although it is unknown if this will work with Windows 10 (or prior) as this was designed for older operating systems. 
    It would be worth checking if this was ActivStudio (older software) or ActivInspire (current software) that is included.

Thanks,
    Adam

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.