Software Solutions
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      dave royledave royle
      Participant

When opening Activeinspire Primary on my laptop, text boxes are truncating end of text because the size of the box is too small. The text is there, not visible because the box is too small, in other words if I expand the box all text is there. What can be causing this?

Text box too small issue

Hi Dave,

We’d recommend seeing the below article:

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Technical Support

dave royledave royle
      Participant

Thanks, but I have already tried this procedure and it did not apply. Override high DPI scaling” is already checked. I tried all combinations of these system settings and nothing made a difference.

Plus, the symptom does not match, the symptom of the scaling issue seems to be top and bottom of text chopped off. In my case the text box comes in too small for the text that it contains.

Hi dave royle,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you upload your flipchart that you are experiencing this issue with to the below link and let us know once uploaded:

http://tiny.cc/boxupload

Kind regards
      Adam

Promethean Technical Support

dave royledave royle
      Participant

Adam,

I uploaded the flipchart.  The  version on my desktop is 2.17 while at work it is 2.14.

I am also noticing that my laptop version seems to be missing the shapes tool (yellow circle over red square in tool bar)

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for uploading.

I can see that the text in your flipchart uses a special font named ‘AbcTeacher’, if this is not installed on the computer, the text defaults to standard installed fonts such as Arial and the text box adjusts which does crop the text from showing.

Simply installing the correct font and relaunching ActivInspire will help resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

dave royledave royle
      Participant

Thanks,

How would I install this font?

Also, do you have any idea why shapes tool would be missing?

thanks

Hi Dave,

If you know the font and have a copy of this you should be able to add in to your font library.

https://www.fontspring.com/support/how-do-i-install-fonts-on-my-windows-pc

If you did not have the shape tool, this would indicate that you may be using the Personal edition of ActivInspire. You can check this by going to Help>About.

If you are using the Personal edition and entitled to use the Professional edition, you can enter your ActivInspire Activation key by clicking on the Register button within Help>About.

If you need to generate an Activation Key based on your hardware, please refer to the below link:

ActivInspire Upgrade – Language Select

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.