- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
November 20, 2014 at 5:12 pm #119Linda FlaniganParticipant
I can draw in ActiveInspire with the computer mouse, but I cannot use the stylus (pen).
November 20, 2014 at 5:32 pm #3501AnonymousInactive
Thank you for posting your question. When you say Stylus, do you mean you are using an interactive monitor/display connected to your PC or are you referring to the pens used with interactive whiteboards?
If the latter, have you checked your board connection? Can you use the pen on the board outside of ActivInspire?
If you could post details for the devices you are using, we’ll be better equipped to help you resolve the issue.
Alternatively, please feel free to call our agents during our support hours for assistance over the phone and quote case reference 00460185.
March 17, 2015 at 2:53 pm #3502AnonymousInactive
I am having the same problem only it brings up a select box instead of the pen but the pen will write when using the laptop!!! help!! frustrated!!!
March 17, 2015 at 6:53 pm #3503AnonymousInactive
If the ActivInspire software is being used with an ActivBoard Touch or a new Promethean ActivPanel, You will need to look at a setting in the Inspire software.
Look in Inspire’s ‘File’ menu, and choose ‘Settings’
In the Settings Window, look for ‘Dual Mode ActivBoards’; change the settings for ‘Touch input handling’ to ‘Touch and Stylus’ using the drop-down menu.
After making that change, click ‘Done’ and try to use input at the board in question to operate the software and annotate using the Pen Tool.
(Support Case 00460185)
March 17, 2015 at 7:59 pm #3504AnonymousInactive
Sorry, my question was posted several months ago, so I have forgotten the exact details.
The issue ended up to be that we have multiple monitors
extended from one another. The incorrect
monitor was set for the touchpanel. Once
we went into windows control panel and removed touchpanel from that monitor and
added it to the correct monitor we were able to calibrate the pen to the
smartboard first in control panel and then in active control.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal 1.3.1 (released 18 August 2020)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.12 (released 15 August 2020 for US / 21 August 2020 globally)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal 1.3 (released 23 July 2020)