Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Linda FlaniganLinda Flanigan
      Participant

I can draw in ActiveInspire with the computer mouse, but I cannot use the stylus (pen).

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Linda, 

Thank you for posting your question. When you say Stylus, do you mean you are using an interactive monitor/display connected to your PC or are you referring to the pens used with interactive whiteboards?  
      If the latter, have you checked your board connection? Can you use the pen on the board outside of ActivInspire? 
      If you could post details for the devices you are using, we’ll be better equipped to help you resolve the issue. 

Alternatively, please feel free to call our agents during our support hours for assistance over the phone and quote case reference 00460185. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having the same problem only it brings up a select box instead of the pen but the pen will write when using the laptop!!! help!! frustrated!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

If the ActivInspire software is being used with an ActivBoard Touch or a new Promethean ActivPanel, You will need to look at a setting in the Inspire software.

Look in Inspire’s ‘File’ menu, and choose ‘Settings’

In the Settings Window, look for ‘Dual Mode ActivBoards’; change the settings for ‘Touch input handling’ to ‘Touch and Stylus’ using the drop-down menu.

After making that change, click ‘Done’ and try to use input at the board in question to operate the software and annotate using the Pen Tool.

(Support Case 00460185)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sorry, my question was posted several months ago, so I have forgotten the exact details.

The issue ended up to be that we have multiple monitors
      extended from one another.  The incorrect
      monitor was set for the touchpanel.  Once
      we went into windows control panel and removed touchpanel from that monitor and
      added it to the correct monitor we were able to calibrate the pen to the
      smartboard first in control panel and then in active control.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.