Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My ActivePanel V4 75″ used with a Windows 10 laptop, OS and drivers all fully up-to-date is having the following issues:

1.  Teacher pen is registered with ActivManager, but does not work on the panel, you will only get the odd contact on screen if your lucky.

2.  Multi touch does not work in ActivInspire.

3.  The panel is very slow and unresponsive at times and either causes spikes while writing or does not write at all.

4.  Windows randomly making USB connection and disconnecting sounds.

Anonymous
      Inactive

In ActiveManager I have took the ActivPanel out of tablet mode and back into mouse mode and that has restored the use of the teacher pen and student pens.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Glad to hear that the Pens are working; we do recommend that the ‘Pen Mode’ in ActivManager be set to ‘Mouse’ for best use with our interactive boards and displays.

If the interactions are still slow and the connections/disconnections are still occurring, please ensure that your ActivDriver is up-to-date, as well as the board’s Firmware.  

Article 1012 will advise you on determining the version of driver in place; If needed, the updated (as of this post) 5.14.21 Driver can be downloaded from the ActivDriver page on Promethean Support, if needed.

Article 1160 will direct you on update the ActivPanel’s firmware to its latest version.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Scrap my last post, pens are not working.  I have the latest driver installed, I’ve uninstalled it and reinstalled it.  I’ve also installed an older driver that I knew fixed a similar problem with the old boards but that did not work so I installed the new drivers again.

The Firmware update fails all the time, I assume this is happening as I get alot of connecting and disconnecting sounds of a USB device, when I try this.

The driver appears to crash from time to time as ActivManager disappears from the task tray.

The ActivPanel is unusable.  I need this fixing asap and I think the only way that is going to happen is with onsite support under its warranty.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello David ,

Please ensure that you are connecting to the panel using a single length of USB cable not longer than 3 meters, bypassing any extensions or boosters. If possible, use one that is known to work with another panel.

What version of firmware is listed in the ActivManager control panel? https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1584

Thanks,
      Michael
      Promethean Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve disconnected the laptop from the facial plate on the wall and have connected it directly into the panel.  The panel at present is working correctly with fingers and pens and is also recognizing multi touch.  The panel also managed to update it’s firmware to V6.17 with no issues.  Will see how it goes over the next couple of days.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for that update, @David.   

If this behavior presents again while connected as you are
      at present (without going through the wall plate and cabling), we can
      troubleshoot this issue with you further on this community, through e-mail
      correspondence, or over the phone

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.