Student Response Devices
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MikeMike
      Participant

Many of the batteries that were included with my class set of Activexpression 2 corroded over time and this seems to have negatively affected 4 of the units.  I didn’t notice this until some of the units needed batteries replaced.  So, I removed all the included batteries and replaced them while also cleaning the battery terminals of the units with corrosion.  At least half of the 30 units were affected, but only 4 of them no longer work.  How can I go about getting replacements for these units?  I noticed you were having a sale recently so I’m a bit concerned that they’re going to be discontinued in the near future.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mike,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community. 

Apologies to hear that some of the ActivExpression devices have become corroded.

We do recommend removing the batteries from the devices if they are going in to storage or not been used for a longer period of time and storing these in a cool dry location. 

If your devices were purchased within the past 12 months, I would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly, providing photos and the invoice for review:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

The ActivExpression v2 devices are still a current product from the Promethean hardware range. 
      Replacement handsets can be purchased from our online store on the link below:
      http://needitnow.us.prometheanworld.com/collections/voting-devices/products/activexpression-2-ameu-keypad

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m starting to think it’s not the battery corrosion that led to the problem but an issue with the firmware.  I just posted another question with my concerns.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have had this problem on nearly every activexpression 2 clicker I’ve owned. Promethean needs to add a warning or replace the terrible batteries that are included.  I work in an older school in Houston Texas and our air conditioner frequently goes out, so this may have to do with the corrosion..Although  every other battery controlled device is just fine.   

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi MrBeekman,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

It is possible that when the air conditioning unit has failed, that these devices have been stored at a higher temperature which will naturally over time lower the life expectancy of a battery and potentially cause these to leak (as with any other battery).

We would recommend ensuring that batteries are taken out if stored away for longer periods of time and that the batteries are checked more frequently due to higher temperatures.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.