Accessories
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Steven MezzadriSteven Mezzadri
      Participant

I am testing all of our software for compatibility for Windows 11.

I’ve run into an issue with ActiView 2.0 (ActiView_PC_5.0.4_Setup.zip)
      (downloaded from https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/-actiview-/)

Systems with a clean installation of Windows 11, when I launch ActiView, nothing happens.

I see the ActiView.exe process running, but nothing appears on my screen.

Systems that upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 work fine.

Occasionally after uninstalling and reinstalling several times I’ve gotten it to work on a clean Windows 11 system, but it’s not reproducible…

I know these are rebadged “ladibug” document cameras, so I tried their software and I get the exact same result.  The process is running, but nothing shows up on the screen…

Any ideas?

Hi Steven,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please check out the system requirements for the ActiView software here.

Please note that the ActiView software requires Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8 and has not been tested or supported on later versions.

It may also be worth noting that the Actiview is currently End of Life.

Let us know if we can answer anything further.

Thank you,

Krista

Promethean Escalations Team

Participant

I wanted to report back that downloading the latest Intel graphics drivers resolved my issue.

Hello Steven,

Thank you for your post.

We are so happy to hear that the issue was resolved by upgrading the graphics drivers.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

I am also finding that even with the graphics driver fix, I still have some machines that don’t open ActiView unless I disable the attached HP webcams in device manager.

If Promethean support could shed any light on that issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Steven,

We are happy to hear that you were able to get the software to work on some of your computers.

Have you ensured that the computers are configured the exact same way as the ones not displaying this issue?  Are they using the same connections?

It may be worth reaching out to HP for specifics on how their driver affects other programs or devices.

As well, kindly understand that the ActiView software has not been tested nor is it supported for Windows 10 or 11.

Thank you,

Krista

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.