What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      AlexdigitAlexdigit
      Participant

Key concept of Ipads and other tablets in School is “differentiation” : each student must be able to go along its own rythm.
      This is not possible with ActivInspire 2.0 : the student should be able to download a whole FlipChart on his Ipads and go through it with set of automatic questions , instead of waiting for the teacher to send pages. This is a REAL DRAWBACK compared to solutions like “Eclickers” for instance..

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Alexis, 

Thank you for posting this feedback. 
      Whilst it’s true that some interaction is required by the Teacher, ActivInspire does support self-paced learning, so after the set has been started, students can go through a series of questions at their own pace. 

Reference:  00463404

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well they could go through a series of questions IF ActivInspire 2.0 was supporting the “questions manager” on ipads, which is not yet the case.
      Unless I am wrong ( which I hope ) the Ipads student has to wait for the teacher to receive any pages AND each of the questions. 
      Even if you soon solve the “Question manager” issue ( which I hope ),  it will remain the student will not be able to go through several pages on his own.

One solution might be to import a complete PaperBoard within ClassFlow BUT : 

1) Is it not reliable unless the page is very simple. Otherwise a lot of details are not correctly translated, wheras with ActivInspire 2.0 it is perfect because it is a bit map transfert.

2) within ClassFlow there is no way to set a series of questions : you can only send questions one by one.

I hope I miss something in this analysis.
      Being an absolute fan and trainer on Activinspire, I am currently trying to propose ActivInpsire 2.0 instead of the Apple TV/Ipads solution but it is not yet mature enough.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Alexis, 

If iPads is the preferred student device, then I would definitely recommend using ClassFlow. 
      Self-Paced learning is supported by ClassFlow. You can either add a set of questions to a card, create a stand-alone assessment, or even import a flipchart that has a set of questions you created with the Question Manager. 
      Once you have registered for a ClassFlow account via http://www.classflow.com, create a class, then create a lesson or import a flipchart, play the lesson to the class you created, then connect your devices with the classcode. Select the card that has the questions attached to it and click on the polling icon (speech bubble) an click “start question set” to play. 
      Do let me know if you need more information regarding this , or check out the FAQs and videos on our ClassFlow Community

You would be able to do this from ActivInspire if you were using the ActivExpression devices or ActivEngage as well. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.