- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
November 30, 2014 at 5:43 pm #144AlexdigitParticipant
Key concept of Ipads and other tablets in School is “differentiation” : each student must be able to go along its own rythm.
This is not possible with ActivInspire 2.0 : the student should be able to download a whole FlipChart on his Ipads and go through it with set of automatic questions , instead of waiting for the teacher to send pages. This is a REAL DRAWBACK compared to solutions like “Eclickers” for instance..
December 1, 2014 at 3:15 pm #3569AnonymousInactive
Thank you for posting this feedback.
Whilst it’s true that some interaction is required by the Teacher, ActivInspire does support self-paced learning, so after the set has been started, students can go through a series of questions at their own pace.
December 1, 2014 at 5:48 pm #3570AnonymousInactive
Well they could go through a series of questions IF ActivInspire 2.0 was supporting the “questions manager” on ipads, which is not yet the case.
Unless I am wrong ( which I hope ) the Ipads student has to wait for the teacher to receive any pages AND each of the questions.
Even if you soon solve the “Question manager” issue ( which I hope ), it will remain the student will not be able to go through several pages on his own.
One solution might be to import a complete PaperBoard within ClassFlow BUT :
1) Is it not reliable unless the page is very simple. Otherwise a lot of details are not correctly translated, wheras with ActivInspire 2.0 it is perfect because it is a bit map transfert.
2) within ClassFlow there is no way to set a series of questions : you can only send questions one by one.
I hope I miss something in this analysis.
Being an absolute fan and trainer on Activinspire, I am currently trying to propose ActivInpsire 2.0 instead of the Apple TV/Ipads solution but it is not yet mature enough.
December 1, 2014 at 6:02 pm #3571AnonymousInactive
If iPads is the preferred student device, then I would definitely recommend using ClassFlow.
Self-Paced learning is supported by ClassFlow. You can either add a set of questions to a card, create a stand-alone assessment, or even import a flipchart that has a set of questions you created with the Question Manager.
Once you have registered for a ClassFlow account via http://www.classflow.com, create a class, then create a lesson or import a flipchart, play the lesson to the class you created, then connect your devices with the classcode. Select the card that has the questions attached to it and click on the polling icon (speech bubble) an click “start question set” to play.
Do let me know if you need more information regarding this , or check out the FAQs and videos on our ClassFlow Community
You would be able to do this from ActivInspire if you were using the ActivExpression devices or ActivEngage as well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5.2 (released 30 June 2021)
- Release notes for Radix VISO v1.2.7 (released 10 June 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.14 (US release 25 May 2021 / Global release 3 June 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.10 (released 13 May 2021)