Software Solutions

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    karena1221
    karena1221
    Participant

I recently purchased a new Dell Laptop computer with Windows 10 pre installed and downloaded the most recent activinspire software (2.8). I have read that this latest updated version is suppose to be compatible with Windows 10. However, the fonts on my flipcharts are not opening correctly and the tool icons are still very small–problems which I have read were the problems of the older version. When I went to troubleshoot and scan the program for compatibility issues the highest version of Windows  that I was available for me to check for compatibility was Windows 8 so I do not think this latest version is yet compatible with Windows 10 either. I found that when trying to edit flipcharts at home to open at school things that I have added or changed do not work. Is there a version of the software I am missing? I downloaded it right from the support page. I really need o work on my flipcharts at home as I teach Kindergarten and there is very little down time during the day to work on flipcharts since the children require constant instruction,  attention and guidance. They do not work independently. Therefore any assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Hi Karena1221,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

ActivInspire is compatible with Windows 10 operating systems, I suspect your issue where the icons are appearing too small is an issue with the screen resolution that is being used on your new Dell Laptop or a setting within ActivInspire.

If you open ActivInspire and click on File>Settings> and go to the Layout tab. If you increase the icon size to 32 and click on Done then restart ActivInspire does this help?

If not, can you let us know what the current screen resolution of the computer is set to?

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous

I have the same issue- but cant even find the layout tab in File-Settings…

Anonymous

ok- (working on three laptops just now- don’t ask!!) 

School laptop with windows 10, icon size is 32.

screen res 2560 x 1440

Anonymous

home laptop resolution 3200 x 1800 is worse.

Anonymous

Hello alilydon,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please test a lower screen resolution such as 1920 x 1080 and test if the issue persists? 

We look forward to hearing from you,

Craig 

Anonymous

Hi

We have just re-imaged laptops to Windows 10 in our Academies. Some members of staff are complaining that the interactive is now not working since the laptops have been re-imaged. Can anyone please help with this issue.

Anonymous

Hi Tejpal,

The ActivInspire software no longer comes with the ActivDriver which allows for interaction with your ActvBoard.
    The ActivDriver can be downloaded from the link below:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Adam

Anonymous

Hi. The computers at our college have just been updated to Windows10. Active Inspire has also been updated. I am now not able to open flipcharts created at work on my personal laptop which still has the old Active Studio on it. Is there anything that can be done?  

Anonymous

Hi sam,

Thank you for your post.

If you are using ActivStudio at home, your flipchart files should save as a .flp file which ActivInspire should open. 

What happens when you attempt to open one of the files that you have created from home?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Anonymous

Hi Adam,
    I will send a file from home and see if I can open it at college. My problem is that I cannot open flipcharts I have created in ActivInspire at home.

Anonymous

Hi Sam,

What happens when you try to open a flipchart made from home? Does this give any error messages?

Are you saving this to a pen drive or cloud storage to transfer the flipchart between home and school?

If you have ActivStudio installed on the computer at home with ActivInspire also installed you may need to restore your file associations. Click on File>Settings and at the bottom you can click on Restore File Associations icon. 

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Anonymous

Hi Adam,
    It comes with with a message saying that Windows does not know which program to use to open the file. 
    I emailed the flipchart to myself from work, so didn’t use a pen drive.
    Thanks,
    Sam 

Anonymous

Hi sam,

You can usually select on Windows for a specific program to open the flipchart if this message pops up.
    Please browse and open the flipchart with ActivInspire.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Anonymous

I am having difficulties with the screen not completely showing up on my board. I have Windows 10 on my computer. I have an ActivPanel Touch model #APT2-65. The screen seems to be shifted to the left on the board.

Anonymous

Hi cherylcox,

This post was originally created for ActivInspire, is this issue you have described only happening when you use ActivInspire or in general when you connect your computer to the ActivPanel?

If your whole image is shifted, please ensure that you are using the correct screen resolution (a 16:9 resolution and ideally 1920×1080). 
    If you are using any wallboxes or faceplates bypass this and connect direct to the ActivPanel.

If you have any converters or adapters, please try a known working adapter/converter along with another known working cable and try to see if this helps.

If you still require any assistance please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Adam

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.