Software Solutions
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I have been having trouble using Activinspire on my MacBook. Flipcharts I have been using often crash/close down without warning – when I was using an older version of the program, I couldn’t even open them! Now that I have updated Activinspire and my Mac software to Catalina, it does allow me to work on them for a while, but often corrupts pages and shuts down periodically without warning. The flipchart is relatively large, but I still want to avoid this – what can be done?

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi Inka,

Thank you for your post.

Due to the nature of this issue I will email you as we will require further information.

We will be in touch through email.

Kind regards,

Kate

Ruth BRuth B
      Participant

Hello! I wondered if you could help me download ActivInspire? I have a Mac (Catalina) and seem to have lost my prior access to ActivInspire as a result. I have downloaded the ActivDriver, then downloaded ActivInspire, but to no avail. The first time I tried I got a message from Apple saying the App needed to be updated to allow for 64-bit; so I read around on here and downloaded a different ActivInspire link. However again, it isn’t working. Once it’s downloaded, (“ActiveInspire_en_GB-mac.dmg”) I open it, it verifies, I then move “ActivInspire v2.19.69200 GBR.pkg” into applications, I then open it to install it, accept the Licence. I choose to install it on my Macintosh HD; it then only allows me to select ‘Help Files’ for Installation Type, so I click it and then ‘Install’. I then enter my password, and press install. The extra options are blanked out, and I then reach the Summary page where it says the Installation was completed successfully. This is where I run into the problem – I cannot find ActivInspire anywhere. I try to get to it via opening up an old, saved flipchart but my Mac tells me there are no applications to open it and suggests I go to the app store. Am I not doing something crucial to set up? Sorry and thank you in advance!

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Oh Hi again Ruth,

I think we are best sticking to the thread we are already on for your issue, so I will leave this one for now 🙂

I can see you just replied again on that one so will jump on to that for you.

Ruth BRuth B
      Participant

Yes, sorry – good idea! Speak on the other thread 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.