February 25, 2020 at 1:56 pm #19191MrMarshParticipant
We recently upgraded all our class desktop computers to Windows 10 EDU (1909) with ActivInspire 2.18.68238 and have now come across the following problem:
- User logs in, opens ActivInspire – all works fine.
- Cover teacher logs on to machine – using “Switch User”.
- Cover teacher cannot open ActivInspire – it crashes at the splash screen.
I’ve narrowed this down to the fact that the first user has ActivInspire open already – if I close Inspire.exe I can then open a new instance for the second user.
Have you got a fix for this?
February 26, 2020 at 6:20 am #19195Adam K PrometheanModerator
Thanks for posting.
We have been made aware of this issue within ActivInspire and our development team are currently looking into this.
Should a fix be implemented in future updates we will let you know.
February 26, 2020 at 2:20 pm #19201MrMarshParticipant
Thank you for your reply.
Are you able to provide a download link to the previous version where this wasn’t an issue?
Thank you in advance.
March 18, 2020 at 11:41 am #19336Benjamin MillerParticipant
Any update to this or a rollback instructions to the software which works, the same crashes happens on Window server 2019 through RDS/Remote Desktop for multiple users. Not very useful when staff are starting now to work remotely from home.
March 18, 2020 at 12:39 pm #19338Adam K PrometheanModerator
No update yet, this is still with our development team.
You can revert back to a previous version where this was working:
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.
June 10, 2020 at 7:27 pm #24216Pam PrometheanBlocked
We wanted to let you know that the issue you have been experiencing with fast user switching no longer working has now been resolved in the latest version of ActivInspire.
To obtain this version of ActivInspire, please visit our support site.
Thank you once more for your continued patience and please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions by contacting our Technical Support Team at https://support.prometheanworld.com
- The forum ‘Software Solutions’ is closed to new topics and replies.
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.23 (released 22 February 2022)
- Release Notes for Radix 21.01.1481 (released 30 January 2022)
- Release Notes for Radix VISO v1.44 (released 10 February 2022)
- Release notes for myPromethean Portal v1.6.1 (released 26 January 2022)
- Release notes for Radix VISO v1.42 (released 2 December 2021)