Software Solutions
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      yavneh techyavneh tech
      Participant

Hi. I have deployed ActivInspire to staff devices to use the personal edition for some flipchart files they need to work with but after launching the application the first time and accepting the terms, choosing personal edition and choosing studio it will work for them only until closed. After that it will never open again. They are standard users. However, when I launch their application with administrator credentials the activation window loads again and the application opens fine and continues to do so after closing so long as it is run with admin rights. Why does it behave like this and what do I need to do to deploy this successfully to standard users?

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please confirm if you have an older version of ActivInspire installed and then installed the latest version?

The issue could be caused by how the software has been installed or the access for the users if opening from a network drive.

Is the path pointing to the right location on the network?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Craig

yavneh techyavneh tech
      Participant

Hi Craig.
      Users have no previous version installed and have the app deployed to their local disk (C:\Program Files (x86)\Activ Software\Inspire) using the 3 msi’s (ActivInspire v2, Core Resources and Help files) built using the network installation procedure at https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1808/.
      The users are not necessarily connected to our network when they use the app, nor should they need to be. I have not set anything to be available from the network during setup and don’t see any reference to anything located on the network when opening the app on their device for the first time. All paths in settings are c:\users. I am fairly sure this has something to do with user permissions. Can you please advise where the application requires write access to on their pcs?

Hello Yavneh,

To better assist you with the issue reported, we kindly ask you to confirm which version of ActivInspire you have installed.

Please, also make sure that ActivInspire isn’t in the system processes already running and make sure you end the task on inspire.exe and activdashboard, if they appear.

Please, let us know if this helps or if we can be of further help.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Promethean Technical Support

yavneh techyavneh tech
      Participant

Hi. I am pleased to say that I worked out that these users just needed to restart their device after the install and it resolved the issue. No admin credentials were required.

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi Yavneh,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you are correct, after an install it is always better to restart the computer.

We are happy to hear that the issue is fixed. Should you need anything further please let us know.

Kind regards,

Kate

Promethean Technical Support

home

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.