Software Solutions
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      George MaguireGeorge Maguire
      Participant

We are using ActivInspire 2.21.69365 on Windows with Active Directory

While logged in to a local account, ActivInspire will launch in a few seconds

While logged in to a network (Active Directory) account it will take around 30 seconds

While logged in to a network (Active Directory) account, but through a VPN, it will take 20+ minutes to launch

Please you can advise on what might be causing this problem.

Noel PrometheanNoel Promethean

Hello George,

Thank you for your post.

Are you able to open any other applications through your VPN with no delay?

Also do other users have this issue?

Because, how crowded a VPN server is directly affects the speed of the server.

We will recommend downloading an installing the ActivInspire software locally to the computer/ laptop that you are using remotely, so that you can open the software directly, without having to sign into your VPN.

Please let us know if you have additional questions or concerns.

Thank You,

Noel,

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

Hi,

This doesn’t affect any other applications. Yes, all users have this issue. I will check the load on the VPN but I don’t think that is an issue.

“We will recommend downloading an installing the ActivInspire software locally to the computer/ laptop that you are using remotely, so that you can open the software directly, without having to sign into your VPN.”

I’m not sure what you mean here. It is installed locally. The VPN has to be connected all the time, otherwise I won’t be able to access my documents and a certain application won’t be able to connect to its database.

Noel PrometheanNoel Promethean

Hello George,

Thank you for your post.

If you have the software installed on the computer that you are using remotely, and the application saved on the computer hard drive, you should be able to launch it without having to go through the VPN.

Can you open ActivInspire Software first, before login into the VPN?

Once the software is open, then Sign into the VPN.

Does that help? Please let us know.

Thank You,

Noel,

Participant

It launches quickly while not connected to the VPN. The VPN automatically connects as soon as I connect to the internet, so I can’t disconnect from it without disconnecting from the internet completely.

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi George,

We will need to know some more information regarding how your ActivInspire is setup, how your directories / file paths for it are configured etc., so I will email you separately with a ticket reference for further troubleshooting.

Thank you,

Wendy

home

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.