Software Solutions
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Craig SmithCraig Smith
      Participant

I have Activinspire installed on Ubuntu 18.04 and I have an issue with printing.

Selecting print from any flipchart gives a dialogue box ‘no printers installed on this computer’ despite having both a physical printer and a .pdf cups printer that both work from elsewhere in the OS.

This is frustrating because it means if I want to print a page I have to export to .pdf (which is portrait by default and therefore not very useful for flipcharts) or export to jpeg and print each page individually. I have never experienced this issue with activinspire before and have other ubuntu installs that don’t have the bug.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Activinspire version 2.19.69200

Ubuntu 18.04 5.4.0-45 headers

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Craig,

Thanks for posting.  We have an open software request for this to be fixed in a future update, can you please let us know the number of systems you have affected and we can add your case to this.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Smith LukeSmith Luke
      Participant

Look for print drivers for Linux. They do exist in Canon. I’m not sure what kind of printer you have. Also, do a Google search for it because it could be a driver that isn’t listed on the Canon USA website. I’m not sure why, but that’s how I’ve gotten a few.

Brother laser printers have always worked well for me, even though I’ve only ever used them over the network rather than via USB.

Craig SmithCraig Smith
        Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, Luke.

But the bug is with the way activinspire interacts with the Linux kernel at a system level so drivers for any printer are irrelevant in this case. I have a custom ppd file installed for my Epson printers so I know the print drivers are working correctly.

I’d be keen to know of you’ve managed to print from your own version of activinspire running on 18.04 though.

Jeffery OlsenJeffery Olsen
      Participant

Tk-modified Glitch’s kernel with pds and fsync enabled is what I’m using. It feels smoother, especially when a lot of things are running in the background, but I’m not sure how to assess smoothness precisely or at all.

With all the patches and setting to pds or muqss with tkg’s, the difference is noticeable, plus it lets you easily customize and play with different tweaks, and as flightlessmango’s benchmarks have shown, it gives huge improvements to frame-times, so games should feel a lot smoother and have better minimum framerates.

Thanks UK Heat Press Machines

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.