Software Solutions
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Eric ZaludEric Zalud
      Participant

I just upgraded to the 4.2.0 version and can not find the finger button.  I know it looks different with the new version, but ultimately would like to write with the pen with black ink and use my finger with red ink.

Thanks

Slim PrometheanSlim Promethean

Good afternoon Eric,

Thank you for your post!

In order to use different colours with Touch and ActivPen, can you launch ActivInspire and go to File > Settings > Dual Mode ActivBoards and set the Touch input Handling to Touch and ActivPen?

This will allow you to have the Pen and Finger icons on your Toolbar – Please see below:

We hope our reply helps you solve the issue.

Kind regards,
      Slim

Promethean Technical Support

Eric ZaludEric Zalud
      Participant

Thank you for responding. My issue is I have a Nickel board and support is saying that the duel touch is not available for this version. I provided pictures to show the feature was there until the upgrade. Unfortunately no solution was provided . If there is any help you can provide, it would be most appreciated.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your post.

The Nickel ActivPanel does not support Pen or touch differentiation. This is a feature of the Cobalt or Titanium ActivPanels.

The option may exist in the software, however, this will not work, as the pen for the Nickel is only detected as a touch input.

Please let us know if you need any further support.

Kind regards,

Craig

Eric ZaludEric Zalud
      Participant

Thanks again for responding. The pictures show that it was working with that flat panel before the update. That is what I’m so confused about, I know everyone is telling me it can’t work, but it did. If there are any suggestions out there It would be great.

Thanks

Rick

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your reply.

As explained in our previous post the Nickel does not support pen and touch differentiation. It does not have the capability to distinguish between a pen and a finger (touch).

Since you say that this feature was available before the update, could you please specify if you are referring to the ActivInspire update? Is it possible that you were able to use this feature on an ActivPanel Cobalt or Titanium, instead?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Eric ZaludEric Zalud
      Participant

Good mooring Arianna,

I upgraded the firmware from the locker, clicking on update. It then did a series of updates which included Activspire. I tried to revert back to the previous version with no luck. I then re-imaged the computer, and the same issue occurred.  This is why I think it is the Firmware on the panel that is causing this issue. It is weird.  Here is a picture of the board I can provide the serial number if that helps. I really appreciate your time and effort.

Raven PrometheanRaven Promethean

Hi Eric

We see you have reported this issue under case 1085919. We will reach out directly from that case.

Thank you,

Raven

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.