Software Solutions
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

For some reason, the sizing handles for objects on my flipcharts are no longer appearing which easily allowed for freely adjusting their size. I have not been able to account for why they are missing. I am using the latest version of Activinspire 2.8.66693 on Mac OS 10.11.6

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi sensei,

Thanks for posting.

This could be due to the object having a restrictor set in place. 
      If you click on the object and go to the Property Browser, and go to Restrictors, please check the option for Can Size and ensure that this is set to Freely.

Please then ensure you are in the Design Mode on ActivInspire.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

No matter what object I make or select, no sizing handles appear and I don’t think there are any restrictors involved. On another installation of Activinspire on another similar computer, it works totally fine. Any thoughts on what might be causing this on one but not the other?

Anonymous
      Inactive

In ActivInspire’s settings (ActivInspire > Preferences)
      look under the ‘Commands’ tab; if you choose ‘Marquee Handles’ over the left
      pane in that window, do you see all of the re-sizing tools there?  If not, choose ‘Marquee Handles’ over the
      right pane and add the necessary tools to the left side.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It isn’t a matter of missing tools in the marquee handles, it is missing sizing handles.

These are what do not appear and are missing.
      I know what the resizing tools are in the marquee handle and they are available but without the sizing handles it is really inconvenient. The edit shape points option also exists but this is not the same as sizing handles.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The Marquee Handles that appear around a given object when it is clicked are used to re-size that object when clicked and dragged.

If these handles are not present, then the sizing tools will need to be added as discussed previously for them to appear.

If they are present, but no re-sizing or moving occurs when the object or its handles are clicked upon, then you would need to check the object’s Restrictors in the Property Browser, making sure that the object is not locked or that there are not other restrictions to the objects ability to be moved or re-sized.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.