Software Solutions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Marta Walter
    Marta Walter
    Participant

Hello,

I got the software access from school and I use it on my personal MacbookPro. Since I have Mojave on it, I am encountering severe lag in writing or editing text on Flipcharts that I need to use for teaching. Do you have any solutions for resolving this situation?

Thank you,

Marta

Wendy Promethean
    Wendy

Hi Marta,

It’s something our Software Developer team is still looking into, as to what the cause of the issue is, but if you make sure your Mac is not using any Scaling (Scaling under point 4 is set to “Default”), it should resolve the issue:

https://www.simplified.guide/macos/change-screen-resolution

Thanks,

Wendy

Marta Walter
      Marta Walter
      Participant

Hi Wendy,

With the Default setting it works better, but very far from how it used to be. There is a serious lag in typing text as well as selecting anything from the page. I hope that this issue will be resolved soon, because I am having a hard time working from home and cannot hook my Mac to the Promethean Board at school (it is connected to a Dell desktop).

Thank you,

Marta

Marta Walter
    Marta Walter
    Participant

The software started working out of the blue, after struggling in the morning.

Marta Walter
      Marta Walter
      Participant

Not working anymore. I did not change any setting since it worked for about two days.

Hi Marta,

Thanks for posting.

Can you confirm what exactly is not working?

Is this the ActivInspire software launching or a feature within ActivInspire is having issues?

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Marta Walter
    Marta Walter
    Participant

The problem was that both the 2.16.67968 and the newer version 2.17 showed the same very slow process when writing a text or trying to delete something. Since then I downloaded the 2.13 version and it works very well with my Mac.

Hi Marta,

Glad to hear that this is now working for you.

Our development team are looking in to this for future versions of the software.

Please keep your eye out on the announcement section (you can subscribe to this) and you’ll see all new release notes for software here.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.