- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
October 17, 2016 at 1:15 pm #1491StuartRParticipant
I am supporting a school where ActivInspire has become really slow since August.
From clicking on the ActivInspire icon it can take around 30 seconds before the flames light up and then the main app opens.
Switching from the select tool to the pen tool can take 5 seconds. Also switching between colours can take 5 seconds as well.
I have updated Java to the latest 8u101 and also Acrobat reader, shockwave and flash. I have tried a few versions of ActivInspire from v2.3.65940 to I believe the latest version and they are all slow.
Strangely I have another PC where everything fine (similar tasks take less than a second) and has ActivInspire 2.4.66090 installed but Java is from version 7 from 2013!!! The teacher in this room doesn’t want me to touch her machine in case it ends up slow like the others!
All machines also have Sophos AV installed and are reasonably up to date with Windows Updates (last updates about 2 weeks ago!)
October 21, 2016 at 6:01 am #7724AnonymousInactive
I have the same problem and just like you, I’ve tried everything to no result. What you say about the other PC may hint us at the reason. LC
October 21, 2016 at 11:23 am #7725AnonymousInactive
Thanks for you both for posting.
We would recommend trying the below to see if this helps:
– clear the temp files in the computers
– use an admin.ini file to specify the locations where ActivInspire should look for profiles, shared resources, etc as this will often improve the speed of the program. Further information can be found at https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1123
Please let us know the outcome.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.10 (released 13 May 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.2 (released 29 April 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.0 (released 15 April 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5 (released 13 April 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)