January 15, 2021 at 3:33 pm #32183Rebecca FirovedParticipant
I am teaching from home and am using ActivInspire on my laptop. I have a touchscreen with a pen and when I write in ActivInspire the pen often will stop working. If I click from pen to something else like eraser and then back to pen it will sometimes work for a little bit. Eventually the program will just shutdown while trying to write. Other coworkers don’t have this issue, but I’ve tried this on different computers and experience the same thing each time and with different pens. I do not have issues with any other programs shutting down or any difficulties with them when I use a pen.
January 18, 2021 at 11:10 am #32194Craig PrometheanModerator
Thank you for your post.
Can you please confirm the version of ActivInspire you have running? Can you also confirm what touch screen computer you are using?
We look forward to hearing from you.
January 19, 2021 at 1:23 pm #32214Rebecca FirovedParticipant
I have version 2.19.69200 and I am using windows. I have tried it on a Microsoft surface pro 7, a lenovo Ideapad Flex 15, and currently have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga X1. All 3 had the same issues.
January 20, 2021 at 11:13 am #32225Craig PrometheanModerator
Thank you for the information.
ActivInspire does not support stylus events as each of your device’s inputs are detected as a stylus.
As this is not officially supported I would recommend trying a brand new clean install of Windows 10 and a new install of ActivInspire to test.
I’m unsure why other users have this working, to be honest.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)