Software Solutions
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Rebecca WillRebecca Will
      Participant

Our new computers are using Windows 7, 64-bit version.
      We have Microsoft Office 2010.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for posting.

Promethean ActivOffice supports Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 and 2010 versions (only 32-bit editions).
      Could you check if you are using a 32bit or 64bit version of Microsoft Powerpoint?

If you are using a 32bit version, please provide a screenshot of any errors you receive when installing.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support
      Case 00565803

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for your response. I do not get any error messages when installing. I installed Promethean_ActivOfficeSuite_v1.1.53290_INT_setup. Last year, ActivOffice would simply open when I opened PowerPoint. If ActiveInspire was open, I would be told that ActivOffice could not open. Neither of these things happen now. I open a presentation as I normally do. When I start the slideshow, there is no ActiveOffice bar showing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Please check whether you are running a x32 or x64 version of Microsoft PowerPoint, this is different from the Windows system type.

To check that, open Microsoft PowerPoint, click on File and then select Help. Under “About Microsoft PowerPoint” you will see the version number followed by “32-bit” or “64-bit” in brackets.

Also, are you using the same computer that in which Promethean ActivOffice was working fine previously?

If so, open Microsoft PowerPoint, click on File, select Options and the click on Add-Ins – can you see Promethean ActivOffice in the Add-ins tab?

Thank you.

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rebecca WillPowerPoint is 32 bit. I opened the options tab and found that the add-in was not active. I changed it to active. A License Agreement pop-up appears. It is now asking me for a serial number and to choose between buy or 60 day trial. I’m not sure what to use12:38 PM
      Rebecca WillActions
      To:MPromethean Support ‎[noreply.community@getsatisfaction.com]‎
      Sent ItemsThursday, August 13, 2015 12:38 PM

PowerPoint is 32 bit. I opened the options tab and found that the add-in was not active. I changed it to active. A License Agreement pop-up appears. It is now asking me for a serial number and to choose between buy or 60 day trial. I’m not sure what to use here.

Anonymous
      Inactive

On the ‘Licensing’ tab of this page
      on Promethean Planet
      , you can enter either your ActivInspire Activation Key
      or the Serial Number and Product code of the ActivBoard in the classroom to
      generate an Activation Key for the Promethean ActivOffice Plug-In from Microsoft
      PowerPoint. 

The resulting Key will look similar to ActivInspire’s
      Activation Key, but will start with 0017 (instead of 0015 or 0016).  Enter that Key, along with a User Name and organization;
      agree to the terms of the license, then click the ‘OK’ button.  You will then have the full version of that
      Plug-In unlocked.

(Support Case 00565803)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you! It’s working now!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Glad to hear you have fixed the issue.

If you have any questions or issues in future please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Enjoy your day.

Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

I now have a variation on the problem. When I look at Options in PowerPoint, in the Add-ins, ActiveOffice is listed, but it does not open with a presentation. When I close a presentation, I see a message that ActiveOffice is shutting down. But it will not complete the process and I must use task manager to close it.
      I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and there is no change. This time, I was not asked for a verification code.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.