Student Response Devices

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author
    djjackson
    djjackson
    Participant

We have teachers that have ActivHubs, Model No.: PRM-AH2-01 and are trying to use Activotes Model No.: PRM-AV2-01, PRM AV3-01, but not of the devices will register to the ActiveHubs.  We have updated the firmware on the hubs, have installed the latest Active Drivers, but still will not register devices.  When pressing the registration key on the Activote the red light blinks, then remains solid.  The green light never lights.  Is there a solution to this issue? And what is the solution? Or do we need to get rid of these in our schools and use something else?

Anonymous

Hi and thanks for posting.

It sounds like the devices may be suffering communication issues. 
    Please could you test new batteries in the device (ensuring the batteries touch the connections points) and then try to Re-register the devices to see if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous

Three days late with a suggested answer.  Also, a little illogical on the answer. One would think the suggested solution would affect one or two devices, but not all 30.

The Solution was: Activehub PRM-AH2-01 is compatible with Activote PRM-AV3-01.  Research of many web threads disclosed this solution. Any Activote after AV2-01 is compatible with the USB ActiveHub because the frequency changed from 900Mhz to 2.4 ghz.  Easy to identify since the ActiveHub and the appropriate Activote has the wifi symbol on the device.

Anonymous

I have the same issue and many that others have flagged. i cant find how  to change the battery. it is the most over complex system i have ever come across and i am wasting far too much time trying to get it running having been through the books, uninstalled and reinstalled and everything in between

Anonymous

Hi highfield,

When the batteries need to be replaced, remove the anti-tamper screw from the ActiVote using the tool that was originally provided. If you do not have this, it uses a T10 screwdriver

Carefully slide the carriage out of the main ActiVote body.

Remove the old batteries and replace with 3 new AAA alkaline cells. Observe the battery icons on the carriage that indicate which way the batteries should be inserted.

Slide the carriage back into the main body and gently tighten the anti-tamper screw.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Technical Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.