Interactive Flat Panels

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by henriksen henriksen 1 week, 1 day ago.

• Author
    henriksen
    henriksen
    Participant

Hi,

I was hoping to get a firmware upgrade to a Activpanel 55 that we have in one of our classrooms in our district. We are experiencing freezing issues with the display panel from what the staff member is claiming. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Henriksen,

Can you help to provide any further clarification on “freezing”?

What happens when the ActivPanel is freezing? Are you simply not able to interact with touch? If not, does the on screen menu launch and work with touch?

Is it possible that this may be the ActivConnect/OPS-G that has crashed?

How do they go about resolving this when this happens?

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

henriksen
    henriksen
    Participant

Hi,

All I can provide at this time is the the staff member stopped using Active Inspire all together and the touch feature works here and there. I updated both the Active Inspire and ActivDriver on this staff member’s laptop and told her to try it again. I don’t believe this Activpanel has ever gotten a firmware update since it was installed like 3 years ago. She also claims its the Activpanel and not her laptop, but I can’t confirm or deny that is the case. I’m just looking for a solution because it sounds like the Activpanel hasn’t worked for some time.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Henriksen,

Thanks for your reply.

It would be worth noting what exactly happens when the issues occur.

You could try to update the bezel firmware for the ActivPanel via ActivManger.

You can follow the steps on the link below:

This is specifically for the touch on the ActivPanel.

There is also another firmware file for the ActivPanel however we require the serial number for this so we can send the correct file.
    You can fill in the contact form here to request the firmware file with your serial number.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

henriksen
    henriksen
    Participant

Hi,

It sounds like it doesn’t get used the way it should because of the “freezing” issues that the staff member claims. I will get the serial number today and fill out that form either today or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Chris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.