Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Martino VillaMartino Villa
      Participant

Good afternoon,
      I installed the Google Calendar app on the Promethean ActivPanel adopted by the school. When you start Calendar, after the two or three initial app presentation screens, you are prompted “Allow Calendar to access your Calendar”, if you allow it, the app closes immediately. You can never reach the screen showing the events.
      Is it possible to solve this problem in an easy way?
      Thanks.
      Martino

Hello Martino,

Thank you for your post to our Forum.

Depending on the hardware that you have the steps below to remedy the issue may be slightly different. To remedy this issue, we suggest completing the following steps:

Device Settings > Apps > App Info > Calendar > Permission

After getting to this menu, please toggle on all the requested necessary permissions.

Does this allow the Google Calendar application to work properly? If not, could you please let us know the model number or product code? Kindly do not include the serial number of your device on the Forum.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Promethean Technical Suppport

Participant

Hi Giordan,
      thanks for the answer, but I could not solve the problem: after installing Google Calendar, the app asks for permissions to access Calendar, but immediately after selecting allow the app crashes. I looked in settings and there is no option to change app permissions.
      I tried to carry out the operations even with the new firmware just released, but the problem was not solved.
      Model: ActivPanel Cobalt AP7_A75 – Firmware: 5.1.200.16 – Frame version: 7.29.0
      Thanks.
      Yours sincerely.
      Martino

Hello Martino,

Thank you for your post.

Are you logged into the Owner account on the ActivPanel? If not, please log in as the owner and try again.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Promethean Technical Support

Participant

Hello Jordan,

Yes, I’m logged into the Owner account (all attempts have been made with the Owner profile).

Thanks.

Martino

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Martino,

Do you have the Google Play store on your ActivPanel?  As I have just tested here and after asking for permission for both calendar and contacts it launched just fine?

If you installed an older version from the Promethean store this may be the cause.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
      Paul

Participant

Hello Paul,
      Google Play Store is installed on the ActivPanel (and enabled by Panel Management).
      Other Google apps have also been downloaded from the Google Play Store, including Drive, Documents, Sheets and with these we have not encountered any problems.
      Google Calendar has also been installed (and updated) from the Google Play Store. The first time you start Google Calendar, you are asked for permission to access the calendar, but not permissions to access your contacts, after selecting allow (for calendar access), the app restarts. No permissions are requested during subsequent launches, after selecting “ok” from the app welcome screen, the app closes.
      ActivePanels have just been adopted by the school. The default language of the whiteboards is Italian, I tried to select English to see if this could be the problem, but the situation has not changed.

Thanks.
      Yours sincerely.

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Martino,

Thank you for getting back to us and providing this additional information.

I assume this issue you are seeing is happening on all your ActivPanels?

It sounds like we need to do some further investigating and testing of this issue. Are you able to contact our Tech Support offline and open a case reference with us? That way, we can gather all the information from you to do just that.

Our contact details can be found here:

Contact-2

If you could mention this community post, then we can add all the details.

Alternatively, if we have your permission to use the email associated with your community account, we create a reference for you and contact you that way.

Thank you,

Wendy

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.