August 16, 2019 at 9:00 am #16772
Promethean Screen Share enables teachers and students to collaborate from anywhere in the classroom by wireless sharing their device screens to the ActivPanel Elements Series interactive displays. Teachers can move freely and engage with students one-on-one, while having full control of what content is shared to the ActivPanel. Teachers also have the ability to interact with shared screens directly from the ActivPanel, and students can see teacher interaction on their devices in real-time.
- A simple way to connect for all operating systems – Teachers and students can quickly and easily connect Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, and Chrome devices to the ActivPanel Elements Series within seconds by using a simple 6-digit code. Download Screen Share for your device from share.mypromethean.com.
- Waiting room – Teachers can view and manage up to 39 connected student devices and have full control over which devices can connect, share content, and have specific functionality enabled. In the Waiting Room, teachers can also disconnect all connected devices with the touch of a button.
- Teachers can interact with shared screens directly from the ActivPanel (on Windows and macOS only).
- Multi-device screen sharing – Up to four devices can share their screens simultaneously.
- System requirements for Screen Share can be found on the Promethean Support Portal.
Lock the ActivPanel from the Locker
- There is a new lock icon in the Locker. Tapping this icon opens a number pad allowing users to enter a four-digit PIN to temporarily lock the ActivPanel with that PIN.
- The same PIN that was entered to lock the ActivPanel must be entered to unlock it.
- A new PIN can be used each time to lock the ActivPanel from an unlocked state. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
Crop captured images
- We have added the ability to crop a captured image from the Unified Menu. Previously, the capture button would capture the entire screen and send it to the Whiteboard app.
- Simply move the crop marks around the image and pinch/zoom to the exact location before sending the image to the Whiteboard app. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
- Resolved an issue where the Unified Menu would crash after capturing a screenshot. Previously it would crash if you were to open a video in YouTube through the Chromium browser, set the resolution to 1080p, and take a screen capture. (Nickel, Cobalt)
- Updated the Unified Menu to open only by touching the arrows and the immediate area around it. Previously it would open by touching the full length of the Unified Menu along the sides. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
- Resolved an issue causing the Unified Menu to open in the wrong position on the ActivPanel. Previously when the on-screen keyboard opened while using a floating application, the Unified Menu would sometimes open towards the middle of the ActivPanel. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
- Resolved an issue causing the brightness to hit 100% after initial setup. Previously, after accepting the EULA, the brightness would increase to 100% even though it had been set to energy saving mode. (Titanium)
- Added the ability to change the wallpaper. Previously, this setting was missing and now it appears in the Display section of the Settings app. (Nickel, Cobalt)
- Resolved an issue where the wallpaper setting change would only happen after rebooting the ActivPanel. Changing the wallpaper in Display settings now causes the change to happen immediately. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
- Updated the default finger action to Touch for ActivPanels with Pen/Touch differentiation. Previously, all ActivPanel classes defaulted to Pen. This can be changed in the Locker settings. (Cobalt, Titanium)
- Resolved an issue with the shutdown countdown timer only showing zero. Previously, the countdown timer would show up and say zero if no activity had occurred after a set period of time. Now the timer properly counts down from 60 before shutting off. (Titanium)
- Resolved an issue where Chromium would display strings from the non-selected language. Previously, if you added multiple languages, Chromium would potentially display one of the languages that was not at the top of the Android language selection. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
- Added the option to turn ActivPanel speakers on or off from the Settings menu. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
- Resolved an issue where users could use the Annotate app to draw while the Touch On/Off button was enabled. (Cobalt)
- Added the ability to select a different source from the remote control. Previously, the only way to switch sources was by going up to the panel and using the source switch available at the panel. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
- Updated app names in the Unified Menu with accurate Arabic translations. Previously, many of the app names would still be in English even when the language was set to Arabic. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
- Updated the Recent Apps section of the Unified Menu to now show correctly translated app names. Previously, many of the app names would still be in English even when the language was set differently. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
- Resolved a bug where the ActivPanel would experience loss of touch when switching the active source to a Windows 10 connected device. (Titanium)
- Resolved an issue where selecting the leaf icon (Eco or Energy Saving mode) under the brightness settings would not cause anything to happen. Now selecting the leaf icon reduces the brightness of the backlight to save energy. (Nickel, Cobalt)
- Resolved an issue that would cause Chromium to run at a lower resolution. Previously, websites appeared zoomed in, and now more content fits within a webpage. (Nickel, Cobalt, Titanium)
To update your ActivPanel Elements Series, please visit the Downloads page on the Support Portal.
The forum ‘Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.
- Release Notes for ClassFlow v6.8 (released to US users 6 September 2019)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal, Panel Management and User Management (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4 for use with ActivPanel Elements Series (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v3.2 (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivInspire v2.17 (released 13th August 2019)