- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
January 13, 2017 at 4:04 pm #1769kcalderwParticipant
We have installed our first set of ActivPanels this week and it has not been without a few hiccups. I have a few questions.
1) I have one panel that when using the input button you cannot touch the input you want to go to, only works from the remote. The touch portion works everywhere else.
2) I upgraded a few of the firmwares on these panels via ActivManager but I cannot find release notes for the various firmware upgrades.
3) We use ThinkCentral for our curriculum and teachers using Panels cannot scroll or click the buttons on that site. Touch works fine if you open a different tab and try another site. This is when using the VGA1 input to a Mac using the latest ActivDriver.
4) I had one unit delivered that was ultimately found to have a bad USB port on the Touch 2 input. 🙁 RMA in process.
5) Can you hide unused or rename inputs like you can on a regular HDTV?
6) I was told by our sales rep there is an auto shutoff timer for inactivity (like on the Promethean projectors) but I cannot find it in the panel menu.
7) Are there any basic resources that I can pass along to teachers (videos/PDFs) that they can learn some basic functions before we have our scheduled training?
January 16, 2017 at 5:56 am #8935AnonymousInactive
Thanks for posting on the Support Community.
With regard to the model of the ActivPanel you are using is this AP4-70?
1. Is there anything that could be blocking the IR sensors on the frame of the ActivPanel? You mentioned on point 2 that you had upgraded firmware on some ActivPanels, has this been attempted on this ActivPanel?
2. With regard to firmware, there are 2 types for the ActivPanel. One which can be upgraded through ActivManager using the internet option, and the other which would be a file sent from Promethean Technical Support which would need to be put on a USB stick and put on the ActivPanel. The firmware for the ActivPanel using ActivManager will have improvements made for touch.
3. Whilst this issue will most likely be in relation to the website or web browser settings, please check your ActivInspire settings to see if this helps. Open ActivInspire, click File>Settings>Dual Mode ActivBoard and change Touch Interoperability to OS Compatible. Save the changes and re-launch your web browser, does this help?
4. Promethean Technical Support will help resolve this separately. Follow up on any case that you have been provided for this by phone or email.
5. This currently isn’t an option for the ActivPanels, however I will raise this with the Hardware team for future consideration. Thanks for the feedback.
6. Please can you help to confirm the model number of the ActivPanel?
7. User guides for the ActivPanels can be found on the link below:
We also have information on the ActivConnect G-series device including videos which can be found on the link below:
I hope this information helps.
Promethean Technical Support.
January 17, 2017 at 1:15 pm #8936AnonymousInactive
1. Touch works fine on every input but not for the TV’s actual menu. When bringing up the input menu, I am not able to touch which input to go to next.
2. I updated all panels to the latest firmware using ActivManager on a Mac. The firmware did not fix the panel in problem 1. Is there anywhere to see the release notes for these updates?
3. Will try this today.
January 17, 2017 at 3:15 pm #8937AnonymousInactive
1. The menus on our most recent models of ActivPanel (AP4-xx) have menus that can respond to touch input. However, previous models do not posses this feature. To confirm which model of Panel is in use, look to its serial number label; Article 1088 on Promethean Support will illustrate that label’s location on that (or any other) Promethean hardware.
2. We do provide ReadMe files for our ActivInspire software and ActivDriver notating improvements made to each updated version. This is not available for the firmware used on the ActivPanel hardware.
January 17, 2017 at 3:48 pm #8938AnonymousInactive
1. I confirmed this is an AP4-70.
3. I confirmed this touch/scrolling works on Safari but not Chrome. This site uses Flash so there could be an incompatibility. However, specifically this issue did not occur on Chrome when the teacher was on an ActivBoard prior to getting her ActivPanel. They were able to select the buttons and scroll using the pen while in Chrome.
January 18, 2017 at 5:32 am #8939AnonymousInactive
Google Chrome’s support for touch inputs is currently not absolute. In some instances, you may see issues with our touch products, not interacting with the browser in certain circumstances (e.g. clicking on links or using gestures).
It’s not an issue with the ActivPanel but with Chrome.
To amend this setting with Google Chrome, type chrome://flags in their address bar.
Pay special attention to the warning message at the top of the screen:
WARNING These experimental features may change, break, or disappear at any time. We make absolutely no guarantees about what may happen if you turn one of these experiments on, and your browser may even spontaneously combust. Jokes aside, your browser may delete all your data, or your security and privacy could be compromised in unexpected ways. Any experiments you enable will be enabled for all users of this browser. Please proceed with caution.
If you are happy to continue, look for the setting labeled Enable Touch Events.
Set this to Enabled.
I hope this helps.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.10 (released 13 May 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.2 (released 29 April 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.0 (released 15 April 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5 (released 13 April 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)