Interactive Flat Panels
  • This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ben YuenBen Yuen
      Participant

Hi,

tochscreen does not work when using the extended screen mode. It works fine on ‘duplicate. Any idea on how to get this work?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Please be advised that interaction with an ActivPanel Touch used as an extended display is not a supported feature of that hardware.

What may work in this case is to first Duplicate the displays and calibrate them.  After setting the displays back to Extended, use the ‘Display’ options in Windows’ Control Panel to arrange the two displays so that the computer monitor (which should be the primary one) is to the left of the (extended) ActivPanel display.  This may allow for the use of the ActivPanel as an interactive Extended Display for which the input is calibrated.

This will not work with OS X at all.

(Support Case 00514360)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jarrad,

How do I calibrate the screen – when we duplicate the screen it works totally fine. When I switch it back to extended and have the primary display left of the ActivPanel (Display option) – when touching the ActivPanel it will mirror the gestures on my primary display.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Also, on http://208.50.170.88/system/selfservice.controller I have found this, which indicates that screen extension works.

In the example below, we are using a laptop with a 65” ActivPanel Touch. In order to set the optimum screen resolution, we can choose between Extend these displays or Show desktop only on 2. Click Apply.

Anonymous
      Inactive

For further assistance with this issue, please contact
      our technical support team
      .  They
      would be able to go more in-depth in regard to this issue and escalate this for
      additional review, if needed.

(Support Case 00514360)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Is there a fix for this yet? I had my pens and touch working on my extended display and then they reimaged my machine and I lost all of those settings. 🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi I work in a school where almost all class rooms have 2 PC monitors and either an active board or an active panel.  The problem is I can’t for the life of me work out how to calibrate a monitor of my choice. As it seems to me that only the monitor that is set as the main display (that has windows start menu on) will be calibrated but not the second monitor which I want to calibrate.? Any ideas?

The pcs are set as extended mode. But this only calibrates the first screen which the teacher uses to do her work on while she uses the second screen to display what’s showing on activ panel. When she tries to write on the panel it moves the mouse cursor on the first screen and not the second.  

Unusually I have noticed one or two classes that have activ board with the same setup I. E 2 monitors on a PC that when you click on calibrate you get options on both screens to calibrate this screen or the other. I don’t get that option on the other classes even though they are using new activ panels and new version of activ inspire studio. 

Please help

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Ali,

As Jarrad mentioned about:

“Please be advised that interaction with an ActivPanel Touch used as an extended display is not a supported feature of that hardware. 

What may work in this case is to first Duplicate the displays and calibrate them.  After setting the displays back to Extended, use the ‘Display’ options in Windows’ Control Panel to arrange the two displays so that the computer monitor (which should be the primary one) is to the left of the (extended) ActivPanel display.  This may allow for the use of the ActivPanel as an interactive Extended Display for which the input is calibrated.”

This should resolve your issue, if not please let me know.

Thank you

Craig 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.