Accessories

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by kclarkadpi kclarkadpi 1 day, 16 hours ago.

• Author
    kclarkadpi
    kclarkadpi
    Participant

I have an ActivBoard 10 touch 88″ board with projector.  I was advised by you guys last year to purchase an ActivPen in order to use the “page zoom with pen” function on my board.  I bought one and it worked great for over a year…..UNTIL…

About a month ago, the ActivPen is no longer working with the board.  I tried a friend’s Activpen and hers doesn’t work either.  I have all the latest software, drivers, and firmware, and all settings are exactly the same as they were when it WAS working a month ago.

I can occasionally get the pen to work on page zoom but it makes the image smaller rather than larger, which is totally counterproductive.  PLEASE help!  My local promethean distributor has never heard of using the Activpen on my board (even though I told them you guys told me to get it…and it DID work for a year!), and my school tech department won’t help me on this.

Thanks in advance!!

Kelly

Hi kclarkadpi,

Thanks for posting.

Can you help to confirm what versions of the below are installed on your computer:

-ActivDriver
    -ActivInspire
    -Firmware version (found in ActivManager Control Panel with the ActivBoard connected)

Have you tried to bind the digital pen again to the ActivBoard?
    Can you confirm the same digital pen is in use? A photo can be seen on the article linked above.

The Page Zoom with Pen should zoom in towards text/objects on the flipchart when you press and hold, are you saying that this is zooming out when you are able to use the pen?

To Zoom out, it should require being held in place and the button being pressed.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

kclarkadpi
    kclarkadpi
    Participant

yes it’s the same digital pen (Activpen 2), and I have tried to bind it, as well as update everything.  It says “pen added”.

activdriver: 5.17.13

Activinspire: 2.17.68075

firmware: 6.3.50.28

yes, i’m saying its zooming out.  WHEN it works.  Most of the time, I am not able to even select a tool with the pen.  Dual mode (activpen AND touch) is still set.

Hi Kelly,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I’m currently investigating this issue with our second level team and will get back in touch once I have an update.

Many thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Hi Kelly,

Please can you help to confirm the OS of your computer?

Many thanks,

Adam

Promethean Support

kclarkadpi
    kclarkadpi
    Participant

Windows 10 64 bit

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for this.

As soon as I have an update i will let you know.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean SUpport

Hi Kelly,

Apologies for the delay in responding whilst we’ve been looking in to this issue.

Are you still having issues with this or has this started to work?

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

kclarkadpi
    kclarkadpi
    Participant

Same issue still persists

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for letting us know.

We suspect this may be the battery that may be the issue. Have you tried to replace this inside the Digital Pen?

If so, at any point when you tried using this feature did the mouse cursor buttons change between left and right click at all?

Many thanks,

Adam

Promethean Technical Support

kclarkadpi
    kclarkadpi
    Participant

Yes the battery has been changed. Several times. In an effort to fix the problem. And no the buttons do not change it from left to right. The button only makes it a right click

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.