Student Response Devices
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Elaine GleatonElaine Gleaton
      Participant

Hi – I am using attempting to use my school’s ActivSlate with my home computer, a Mac, with the latest updates (Catalina.). I haven’t tried using the ActivSlate with this computer before, just on school PCs.  I did download the latest driver, hoping that the problem I’m having would go away.  It did not.

Once ActivInspire is opened, the pen moves the mouse around, but I can’t click or activate anything.  No ability to draw 🙁 which was the main reason I wanted to use it.

As I was writing this, I tried it on my husband’s PC – installed ActivInspire and the ActivSlate driver.  Works great!  Which would be fine but I really want to be able to use my own computer.

Thoughts on what I need to do to get this working on my Mac?  Thanks in advance :).

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm which ActivSlate you are using?

There should be a product code on the bottom.

Also, what is the OS Version of your Mac and which ActivDriver is installed on your husband’s Windows PC?

You may need to use an older driver for this to work on Mac, try to uninstall ActivDriver only (not Inspire) and installing this version instead:

https://promethean.box.com/s/i3d5ganc3hlo1qaasa231wuuhfomab5r

Please do not hesitate to get back to us r if you have any questions, we’d be happy to help.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

home

David WilbanksDavid Wilbanks
      Participant

I am having the same issue.  I tried your link to get the old driver, but the file was not there.

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi David,

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide a bit more information regarding the Mac version you use and what the model/product code of the ActivSlate is?

Also: which version of ActivInspire do you have installed and what is the issue exactly you are seeing?  Just the stylus not working on Mac? or is it not being picked up at all?

Does it show up in the ActivDriver Control Panel?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

home

David WilbanksDavid Wilbanks
      Participant

I am using an ActivSlate 60, Model number: PRM-RS3-01 with the latest version of ActivInspire on a MacBook Air (Retina, 13-in, 2020) running Catalina 10.15.6.  The computer recognizes the ActivSlate and the cursor moves and reacts when I hover the pen over the board, but it does not write or respond to tapping on the board to choose tools, colors, or anything.  The ActiveSlate works on another computer that is running a Windows OS.

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I still did not get what is the version of ActivInspire you are using, apologies.

Also, make your you follow the steps in this article to enable activhardwareservice and activmgr: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1737/

Does this make any difference?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards,

Riccardo

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.