Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Susan LovettSusan Lovett
      Participant

Hi,

I have a few reports from teachers about strange software issues with their AP7-B75 panels.

1. We use Canvas for our LMS.  Teachers post links to .ppt files and .pdf files.  When opening the link in Chrome, the Powerpoint and .pdf either takes more than a minute to open, or never opens at all.  But, some days and some links open with no issue.I updated Chrome to the current version and cleared the Chrome history.  Firmware is up to date.
      2. Google Drive will not open for one of my users.  They can open Docs or Sheets etc, but to click on Drive they get an error, “Drive has stopped unexpectedly…”  I reported it to Promethean who said it is a Google problem, yet we have other users with no issues opening Google Drive on their panel.  Updated Google Drive from the Play store
        Updated the firmware on the Panel
        Tried the admin account and Google Drive also quit out under that account.

Thanks for reading and for any suggestions.

Hi Susan,

In order to best assist, I’ll provide some suggestions for both points you’ve outlined:

-Canvas:
      Are links being shared within the Canvas ‘App’ or website? How are linked shared exactly?

-Google Drive:
      Are you using the Google Drive app? If so, where was this downloaded from?
      There is a  Cloud Connect app within the locker which is designed by Promethean and utilises cloud storage such as Google Drive and OneDrive without the need of having additional apps, do you get the same issue when using the Cloud Connect app to open files within this?

Promethean does not have any control over third party apps, only the internal android that the ActivPanel is using, so if this is indeed an ‘app’ issue, this should be fed back to the developers for further advice.

I hope this helps

Adam

Susan LovettSusan Lovett
      Participant

Hi and thanks for your reply!  It looks to be a Canvas problem and not a Panel problem as originally reported.  I checked it on a laptop in Chrome and the same thing is happening.  So that is a whole separate issue.

Google Drive – Yes it is the App which was downloaded and updated from the Google Play Store.  I will try Cloud Connect.  It is strange because other teachers with the same hardware and apps are not having a problem.

Thanks!

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the update.  Please let us know how you get on with Cloud Connect.

Also to clarify, other users on the same ActivPanel can use Google Drive, its just this one user?

Thanks

Paul

Susan LovettSusan Lovett
      Participant

Hi,

All users on this same panel have the error with the Google Drive app.

Hi Susan,

We’d recommend reaching back out to Promethean support via your case and see what further recommendations can be made.

Thanks

Adam

Susan LovettSusan Lovett
      Participant

Thanks, I appreciate all of the advice!

Susan LovettSusan Lovett
      Participant

I ended up restoring the panel to factory settings and re-installing all apps.  Google Drive no longer errors out.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Interactive Flat Panels’ is closed to new topics and replies.