Software Solutions
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lori PrichardLori Prichard
      Participant

I think I possibly downloaded the wrong version on the newest OPS-G download.  It appears I do have the Google Services as I have an icon in the settings app that says in can uninstall it.

Is there a way to manually remove the download and try again with the other download?

The apps crashing are the ActivConnect Tools :whiteboard, spinner, timer… but annotate and screen shot work.

I have also cleared the cache….this did not help.

Any advice?

Hi Lori,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you ever had Google Services installed? Such as access to the Google Play Store via the app?

If not, the offline downloads for the OPS-G neither include this, just the files are specific to if you have/haven’t got it installed.

If you’ve not got access to the Google Play Store, you can contact Promethean Support and provide your OPS-G serial number and we can send you the correct files to get in installed.

For the ActivConnect Tools apps that don’t work, have you tried to clear data from each of these individual apps (including ActivConnect Tools) in the Settings>Apps option?

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Technical Support

Emer GaughranEmer Gaughran
      Participant

Hi Adam,

Im having the same problem with my whiteboard! All my apps keep crashing, I’ve no access to the google play store and I’ve no way of downloading it. Any help would be appreciated

thanks, Emer

Hi Emer,

Thanks for your post.

What Panel is in use? Are the apps crashing on the OPS-G?

If so then please try clearing cache and cookies from the apps.

It may also be worth performing a factory reset. This article will help:

In regards to installing Google Play, if you contact Promethean Support with your OPS-G serial number we will be able to provide you with the instructions for this.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Kate

Promethean Technical Support

home

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Software Solutions’ is closed to new topics and replies.