Interactive Flat Panels

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Aristea Walker
    Aristea Walker
    Participant

Hi,

I have a teacher that is having an issue the Spotify music app automatically turning off when Spotify is the background app. It will play for about 10 minutes and then stops.  For instance if the teacher has Spotify playing music in the background while she is using the whiteboard app or displaying a Google Doc the music will continue for about 10 minutes and then just stop.

Hi Aristea Walker,

Thanks for posting.

I’ve tested this on the ActivConnect G and OPS-G and I wasn’t able to get the music to stop playing in the background.

Could you test this on another ActivConnect and let us know if you encounter the same issue?

Many thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Aristea Walker
    Aristea Walker
    Participant

The original issue is occurring on ActivConnect G on an AP4-70 board.  I tested it on a OPS-G on a newer board and it works fine.  I am having the teacher try it again on her board but this time with an app other than Google Slides because she said it happens almost always with Google Slides.  I will update in an hour or so with how this test went.

Adem Promethean
    Adem Promethean

Hi Aristea,

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Adem Couper

Promethean Technical Support

Aristea Walker
    Aristea Walker
    Participant

I was able to replicate the issue on another board.  Spotify stops after a while when you are playing a Google Slides presentation.

Hi Aristea Walker,

Can you help to confirm the version of Spotify that you have running on your ActivConnect G?

Can you confirm where you had downloaded this app?

I tested again running Google Slides but the music was still able to play without issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Technical Support

Aristea Walker
    Aristea Walker
    Participant

Ok!  We were on Spotify version 8.4.57.803  I have update to the latest version 8.5.0.735 and I am running a test again.  The app was downloaded via the Google Playstore app.

Hi Aristea Walker,

Thanks for confirming this information.

I can confirm that the version I had installed when testing was 8.5.0.735.

I hope this helped.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Support

Aristea Walker
    Aristea Walker
    Participant

Thank you so much!  It looks like it was a version issue.  Now that we are current it is not stopping.  Thank you!

Hi Aristea Walker,

Thanks for letting us know this issue was relating to the version being used.

Enjoy your background music!

Adam
    Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.