Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jennifer robertsjennifer roberts
      Participant

I’m trying to create a bar graph that my students and I will complete together. I want to have the colored bars started, so that all we have to do is stretch them to the appropriate length. However, the bars move when I begin stretching them. How can I make them stay in place? I can’t lock them because I won’t be able to stretch the bars.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jennifer,

(case reference #00487466)

So that we can assist you further, can you please explain exactly how you are trying to create the bar graph?

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

A workaround is to create really LONG bars that continue below the page.
      Select the bar: in the Property Browser select Restrictors > Can move > Vertically
      This will allow a bar to move only up and down. Means that it doesn’t matter exactly how students select the bar, it will still seem to extend vertically.
      Let us know if this answers your question?

Anonymous
      Inactive

PS you will need to have an object on a higher layer to hide the extended part of the bar so it doesn’t show…

Anonymous
      Inactive

I made little rectangles using the shape tool.  I want the left edge to stay in place while I extend the right edge.  When I extend the right edge, the whole rectangle moves a little bit with it.  I don’t know how else to explain what I’m experiencing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

OK – same idea, just use the Restrictor in the Property Browser to select “Can move > Horizontally”
      As long as you have an object covering the extended left part, the rectangle will seem to be stretching as you pull it across http://bit.ly/1DewWJq (the yellow block hides the end of the bar – suggest you use background colour instead..)

Anonymous
      Inactive

You can also make another object in the flipchart into a button which can stretch that bar as desired.

As an example, Here are a couple of objects on a blank flipchart page:  A rectangle (Locked in place) on a line and two octagons.

The octagons will be our two buttons for this example.  Let’s use the green one to make the bar grow to the right.  Select the object and use the Menu button to access the Action Browser.

In the Action Browser, we want to set the shape I’ve selected to (in this case) stretch the shape to the right each time the shape is clicked on.  Scroll down the browser window until you can see the “Stretch Right Incrementally” action to select.

An “Action Properties” dialog will appear at the bottom of the Action Browser when selecting that action or any other action that would need additional directions.  For the Action we’re using, we’ll need to set a target object (the rectangle) (1) and set how many pixels the shape will stretch with each click of the green octagon (2), then apply those changes to our octagon (3).

Now, when the green octagon is clicked, the rectangle will stretch to the right by the number of pixels set in the action browser.

The second (red) octagon can be used to do the opposite (in case there is a need to move to a lower number from a higher one or ‘undo’ any excess clicking), not by stretching the shape to the left, but by using the same “Stretch Right Incrementally” action with one minor change:

This will cause the “Stretch” triggered to be negative, which will, in effect, shrink the shape back in the direction from which it grew.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.