Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author

When I create a flipchart, save it then re-open it, the powerpoint then shows blank pages and not the powerpoint I created. The slides are also shown on the page browser but the screen is white. Any ideas?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Charlotte,

From what you’ve described to me, I believe this is still an issue with corrupt flipcharts. it’s just a matter of determining what’s causing the corruption and/or preventing it from happening moving forward. If you want to send us a flipchart to confirm, Please go to http://www.PrometheanKB.com and click contact us and quote reference number – 572005.

This is in our experience something that typically happens when a flipchart is saved. There were improvements made to the way the software saves flipcharts some time ago, so I want to ensure you’re relatively up to date. Can you please check your current version of Activinspire in Help- About?

Can you please also confirm where you’re saving your flipcharts- For example, are you saving them to your desktop? To a network drive? To a thumb drive? Sometimes if a thumb drive is not disconnected properly or if there’s a connection issue when saving to a network drive the file won’t save properly.

Does this tend to happen more often with larger files, or files that have a lot of media stored in the flipchart? There may be an issue with your temp folders, where the file is stored while it’s open, and this would tend to affect larger files more.

We’d suggest updating to the latest version of Activinspire and saving to the hard drive, then transferring wherever you need first and foremost. If the issue still persists from there, your answer to the third question may prompt us to clear or look more closely at your temp folders. We expect any changes will not help flipcharts already affected, but let us know if following these suggestions you have issues with flipcharts looking correct before saving and then later not opening.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Craig, 
      Thank you for replying.

I have checked which version of Activinspire I have and it’s the ‘Promethean ActivInspire Professional Edition version 2.4.66096 Promethean Ltd.

I was saving my flipcharts to a memory stick, if i were to take the file from the memory stick and place it onto the hard drive, because its corrupt, will it then look exactly the same? 

It never used to happen to me and I had a lot of slides and there were a few links into the slides, but suddenly started happening. How would I be able to check my temp files if this is an issue? 

Also Activinspire also tends to decided to become unresponsive and it then shows the error message ‘activinspire has stopped working’ then the system crashes

Thank you again
      Charlotte

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Charlotte,

It is possible that the flip chart is corrupt and cannot be corrected. You could try opening the powerpoint and saving the file again under a different name but i cannot guarantee that this will restore the file.

You can check your temp files by opening your start menu and typing %temp% into the search box, it may be worth while deleting your temp files and trying to save another flipchart.

I hope this helps.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Craig, 

I’ve deleted all my temp folders and tried saving the flipchart to my hard drive and opening it after and it does exactly the same thing. Its starting to become very frustrating as I wont be able to do anything that I need to do. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling it but it still hasn’t worked.

I have also sent an email through the link you sent me. Roughly how long does that take to have a reply to?

Would the fact that my laptop has updated to windows 10 have any impact on it?

Thank you
      Charlotte

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Charlotte,

Please can you confirm if you are having this issue saving ALL flipcharts (even if you are for example just creating and saving a new one to test), or is it a particular flipchart which is having the problem – one which may have a lot of content and have been saved over many times in the past?

If it is a particular flipchart, then would it be possible to send a copy of the file for us to test? To do that, upload the file to http://goo.gl/BW8Gjh

If this happens with every single file you try to save, then we would suggest a complete removal of ActivInspire and re-installation.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
      Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Miguel, 

Its happening with every flipchart, i’ve tried installing and reinstalling and that hasn’t worked either.

Thank you

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Please let us know your operating system so that we can investigate it further.

Thank you
      Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Miguel/Charlotte,

I have the same problem as Charlotte. I save all my Flipcharts to Dropbox which I have set up on my Laptop. I updated to Windows 10 over a week ago and since then none of my flipcharts have saved and I didn’t realise this was the case until I tried to open them in the classroom. The templates are there in the page browser window, but the slides are blank. Even though they are blank they will have the correct background colour as the template. 

I uninstalled Activinspire and downloaded and installed the latest version of the software 2 days ago, and I am still having the same problem. I have noticed that Flipcharts that i am creating and saving in dropbox are not even appearing on the “Open recent” tab. The files are saving on Dropbox when I drill down to the correct folder but they are corrupt. If I save the files after creation to my Laptop harddrive there does not seem to be any issue. 

Please advise if you know what the problem might be.

Thanks

Michael. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, 

Due to all the hassle that I’ve been having and due to the fact that these are very important in order for me to teach every day I downgraded from windows 10 to windows 8 so I am now currently working on windows 8 and a 64-bit operating system. I’m starting to get really frustrated and upset as this is preventing me from completing anything that is needed in order for me to fulfil my teaching to my class and other classes that are relying on my flipcharts as we each plan a specific topic. 

Thank you 
      Charlotte

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, 

Due to all the hassle that I’ve been having and due to the fact that these are very important in order for me to teach every day I downgraded from windows 10 to windows 8 so I am now currently working on windows 8 and a 64-bit operating system. I’m starting to get really frustrated and upset as this is preventing me from completing anything that is needed in order for me to fulfil my teaching to my class and other classes that are relying on my flipcharts as we each plan a specific topic. 

Thank you 
      Charlotte

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Charlotte & Michael,

Currently Windows 10 is not supported with ActivInspire and this is likely the root of the issues. We are working on getting Inspire working with this operating system but in the meantime we advise against using ActivInspire on the Windows 10 platform.

Charlotte, since you went back to Windows 8 does ActivInspire work as intended or are there still issues?

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

There are still issues with my Activinspire on windows 8 – the slide still go blank once saved. Still really frustrating 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Charlotte, 

I Shall email you directly so we can further assist you on this issue.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.