Projectors
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve LubitzSteve Lubitz
      Participant

I have a Win10 computer running ActivInpire 2.0 and the latest version of ActivDriver. I am using a powered video splitter box to display on the desktop monitor and an Epson 530 projector. This is in duplicate mode as the video source is the single VGA out on the CPU. The video connections are all VGA.

Everything works as expected until I try to calibrate the ActivBoard. As soon the calibration screen opens on the monitor the projector loses the connection and displays the “no source” found message. When I close the calibration the video signal returns.

What could opening the calibration screen be doing to cause the loss of the video signal to the projector?

Raven PrometheanRaven Promethean

Hi Steve,

Are you able to calibrate the board on extended mode with the activboard set as the main display in the computer’s display settings?

We look forward to assisting you further in this matter.

Best regards,
      Raven
      Promethean Technical Support

home

Steve LubitzSteve Lubitz
      Participant

I am not able to put the display settings into extended mode. That is not an option when using a splitter box.

Hello Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like the issue is with third party hardware (in this case the splitter box) rather than the ActivBoard.

If you just connect the computer to the projector via a single VGA cable, are you then able to project correctly and work with the ActivBoard?

What model of ActivBord is that?

Any chance you can use another cable (for example an HDMI one) to connect to the projector/other monitor?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Riccardo

Steve LubitzSteve Lubitz
      Participant

I connected the projector directly to the VGA out on the CPU and was able to calibrate. I then changed the switch box to a different one, but still had the same issue. I use these switch boxes throughout the school and they function just fine. I think I am going to try a different CPU.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please provide us with the model number of the switch box so we can research further? We will also await your results of testing another CPU.

We look forward to assisting you further in this matter.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.