April 10, 2019 at 2:03 am #15770
New purchase of AP6. Looking pretty good out of the box….saw what looked like a camera in the lower left portion…tried clicking camera icon on carousel and not opening…do you need to buy a webcam or something? Where does it hook up and how do you clip it to the flat panel?
Recommendations on what to buy if needed?
April 10, 2019 at 4:58 am #15771Adam K PrometheanModerator
Hi Jason Salas,
Thanks for posting.
The ActivPanels do not have any built in cameras. The webcam app is a default app installed on the ActivConnect which can be used with third party webcams.
I suspect on the front of the ActivPanel that you are referring to as the camera is the IR sensor for the remote.
You can see the specification sheet for your ActivPanel v6 on the below link:
I hope this helps.
April 10, 2019 at 9:18 am #15772
Thanks for the reply. I saw your document camera…I’m sure this would include technical support in case of issue? Also, would this just connect to OPS and sit on a table?
If you use a webcam, does this clip to the top of the TV – is there a place on the TV for it to mount?
Thanks so much!
April 10, 2019 at 9:29 am #15773WendyModerator
The document camera functionality is quite different from a webcam and would not have any online capabilities. It also requires locally installed software to work and would need to be used with a Windows 7 PC as it’s no longer supported under Windows 10.
There is no specific bracket or slot on the ActivPanel 6, but you should be able to position a webcam on top of it in the same way you would do on a PC monitor.
April 10, 2019 at 9:32 am #15774
Helpful information indeed – thank you very much!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for ClassFlow v6.10 (released to US users 14 February 2020)
- Release Notes for Apps: Screen Share, Classroom Essential apps, myPromethean Mobile App (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v3.3 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivDriver v5.18.18 (released 6 December 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.1 (released 6 December 2019)