Software Solutions
  • This topic has 40 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      Mohamed GadAllahMohamed GadAllah
      Participant

Hi,I used to use ActivInspire since a long time ago to make educational screen casting.
      I am using the professional version as I am a registered client.
      I used to use my graphic tablet mentioned in the subject with no problem at all.
      Since upgrading ActivInspire to v2.6 I can no longer use the Wacom tablet at all.
      I thought that it may be a tablet issue, so I reinstalled the latest version of the Wacom driver but it did not solve the problem. then I thought it may be the pen I am using with the tablet so I’ve purchased another Wacom pen and was disappointed that it is still not working.
      So I continued to troubleshoot the problem and reinstalled Windows 7, but it still the same problem, so I switched to version Windows 10 but was very disappointed that it still not working.
      Then I thought to roll back to version 2.4 and was surprised that it is working flawlessly the way it used to be, then when I upgraded to v2.6 I found the problem still exist and the pen tool does not working at all.
      The tablet working with everything else on the computer like paint, journal, photoshop …etc except AtivInspire.
      Also using the mouse with the pen tool or highlighter in ActivInspire is working ok in v2.6 but the Wacom does not work at all.
      So please may you help me with this issue?
      https://youtu.be/2MfEmB6uIOM
      Thanks a lot
      Mohamed GadAllah

Anonymous
      Inactive

wow !! i have spent about 4 hours on doing exactly same as you have. I installed the recent update too and since having this problem.It works with everything else but not with activinspire but works as a mouse.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi and thanks for posting!

We are aware of this issue and this is with our software development team, as you have found using ActivInspire 2.4 is a viable work around for this.

We hope to have this corrected in a future release of ActivInspire.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 634682)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks a lot for your reply.
      Ok, I hope to find a solution for this issue in the next version, and I would like to recommend adding a note in the download page for this version to let other members save their times troubleshooting this issue as I’ve spent about 10 hours to figure it out plus about 89 usd for a new wacom pen.
      Ofcourse I know Promethean team is very helpful and for sure will keep helping us all.
      Is it possible to link the latest issued version of v.5 of ActivInspire? so I can test if it is working or not?
      Also it will be great if you offer previous versions of ActivInspire like latest version of each release like this way:
       version 1 … link for latest released copy of version 1
        version 2 … link for latest released copy of version 2
       version 3 … link for latest released copy of version 3
       version 4 … link for latest released copy of version 4
       version 5 … link for latest released copy of version 5
       version 6 … it is the current version
      etc

Anonymous
      Inactive

please can i have the link the link to the previous version so I can download it??? Our board pens that come with Activinspire do not work due to how the projectors are fitted( moves a lot so calibration is hard) 

please put the link down to previous version as i desperately need the pen to work.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve got an email telling “Your Case Reference Number 00634682 has been marked as resolved and no further action is needed on your part.”
      I do not know how you marked it as resolved!?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ok, I will upload the version for you 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion here. The issue you experiencing has been passed to our software team, as you and Navanja have managed to get your tablets working using the older version of the software.

Until this issue is corrected in a future software release then there is not a lot more that we can do hence the reason this case was closed, alas this does trigger an email to say that the issue was resolved so apologies for that..

I will ensure that you do not get an email such as this again.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks a lot my friend, I understand .. no problem!
      What about my suggestions mentioned above regarding adding note to the download link and list previous versions for any one need it because I’ve some troubles uploading the version for Navanja Rushanthan … Also I’d like to try activinspiresuite+v2.5.66477+en_us+setup.exe   as well 🙂
      Thanks for your time Paul.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I will pass your suggestion on to our team to see if we can do this.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks my friend 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve found this copy of 2.5 but it is not in English 
      http://storage30-free.uloz.to/Ps;Hs;fid=95196219;cid=257734064;rid=281411451;up=0;uip=45.244.121.6;t…
      Just rename it and remove the last xxx
      Hope this may work for you

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m having the same problem and can’t find version 2.4 online. Please make this available.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Please download it from the link below:

https://promethean.box.com/activinspire2-4

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

What about activinspiresuite+v2.5.66477+en_us+setup.exe ?
      May you please share it ?

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Please download version 2.5.66477 suite from the link below:

https://promethean.box.com/s/2oox1b4g9hnyard2nfme0x3agmw7o2a2

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

thanks I received an email and downloaded it, seem to be only issue that my tray of tools icons keep changing to larger size to 32 then i have to change it back each time. nothing to do with profiles too as i changed and saved iit. something i can live with though, pen works 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

thanks for your help ! hopefully the newer version will have it sorted it. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I encountered the same problem. Does anyone know where to download V 2.4 for Mac ? 
      My Wacom writing pad just not working properly now 🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Please download it from the link below:

https://promethean.box.com/activinspire2-4

Thank you

Miguel

Hi, Miguel

Do you have this version available to Mac ?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jing,

You can download the previous version on Mac on the below link:
      https://promethean.box.com/s/ins6a45f91i6plp8j0ykq31bos1tptcd

I hope this helps with your tablet.

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

I downloaded latest ActivInspire version 2.8.666693 and activdriver version 5.14.21. The problem still exists: Pen works with every other software (Paint, OneNote, Gimp, Inkscape, Krita…) but not with ActivInspire.  I have Wacom Intuos Draw White Pen Small. 

Mouse works with ActivInspire so it is hard to understand why ActivInspire does not treat the pen same way as mouse when I set the Wacom stylus in mouse mode using the stylus configuration software.  I don’t mind, if the pressure detection does not work, but I really would like to use pen as mouse.

Regards
      Ahti

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi asyreeni,

Thanks for your post.

We are aware of the issue and this is still with our development team as this appears to have broke between version 2.4 to 2.8.

You can uninstall your current version of ActivInspire and install version 2.4 to get this feature to work from the below link:
      https://promethean.app.box.com/v/activinspire2-4

The reason why it will work with your mouse but not your Wacom device is because the mouse is a mouse input and your Wacom device is classed as a tablet which Windows recognises (and ActivInspire) as different forms of touch events. 

I hope this information helps for the time being.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Very happy!!!  Thank you for the link!  I uninstalled my 2.8 version and installed the 2.4 version.  My bamboo wacom tablet is working superbly now!   Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi vpillers,

You’re most welcome, enjoy!

Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just updated to ActivInspire v.2.9.66777 and finally my Wacom Intuos Pro working flawlessly 🙂
      The last working version was v2.4.66096 
      2.5.x and 2.6.x and 2.7.x and 2.8.x were not working at all with my Wacom tablet.
      Thanks for that update 🙂
      By the way I’ve tried the new ClassFlowDesktop and I am not impressed or comfort with it and I will stick to ActivInspire, especially that I am not using any Promethean products except ActivInspire for my educational screen casting video tutorials in conjunction with Camtasia Studio and Snagit from TechSmith.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi MGadAllah,

Thanks for posting.

We are welcoming any feedback on ClassFlow Desktop as this will be our next generation of software moving forward. 
      Our developers are working very hard to ensure that the transition between ActivInspire and ClassFlow Desktop is smooth.
      If you would like to provide any feedback or request any features please fill in the contact form on the link below so we can raise these:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

@MGadAllah

Thank you for your post regarding ActivInspire v.2.9.66777.  I was too nervous to update my older version in fear of once again losing functionality of my Wacom tablet.  Thanks to your post, I updated to ActivInspire v.2.9.66777, and so far everything is working wonderfully!

Question: Have you tried using your Wacom tablet with ClassFlow Desktop?  Now that I’m finally comfortable using my Wacom with ActivInspire after spending countless hours getting them to work together, I am very apprehensive to try the ClassFlow Desktop.  I would greatly appreciate your thoughts/experiences with respect to using your Wacom tablet with ClassFLow.

Thank you

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi  @MGadAllah

In order to use ClassFlow Desktop on your Wacom tablet, you would need the ActivDriver downloaded and installed on your tablet, or the device that your tablet is connected to such as a laptop or computer, and you would need the ability to connect the tablet to Promethean hardware in order to activate the software. 

The ActivDriver can be downloaded from here, https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver.

Kind regards,
      James

Anonymous
      Inactive

vpillers said:

@MGadAllah

Thank you for your post regarding ActivInspire v.2.9.66777.  I was too nervous to update my older version in fear of once again losing functionality of my Wacom tablet.  Thanks to your post, I updated to ActivInspire v.2.9.66777, and so far everything is working wonderfully!

Question: Have you tried using your Wacom tablet with ClassFlow Desktop?  Now that I’m finally comfortable using my Wacom with ActivInspire after spending countless hours getting them to work together, I am very apprehensive to try the ClassFlow Desktop.  I would greatly appreciate your thoughts/experiences with respect to using your Wacom tablet with ClassFLow.

Thank you

Hi my friend,
      First of all I am very sorry for late reply 🙁 so please accept my apologize.
      My wacom Intuos Pro Small is working as fine with ClassFlow Desktop (Win64-3.0.22) and ActivDriver (5_16_7_x64).
      The reasons for not using the ClassFlow Desktop are:
      – Not all features in ActivInspire has been added to it (unless I am mistaken but I’ve searched and found many are missing).
      – I am using ActivInspire as a whiteboard and recording some area of the screen using CamtasiaStudio (as it is a bit advanced and rich in features compared to ActivInspire), with active inspire I open the software and adjust the window size, then hit record the white area of the page where I do the explanation. (any tools being used from the right side or the top menu are not shown in the recorded area).
      But with the new software you can not do so and any tool you want to use is fully showed in the screen and you can not avoid it what so ever you do because you can not manage the window size and can not even move it.
      Still thinking about the reason for dropping the ActivInspire towards the ClassFlow.
      But as you know it happened a lot that companies for software do somethings that may not fit users (like microsoft when decided to change start menu in windows 8 and listened to users later on and rolled it back in Windows 10).
      – The arrange of icons and tools in the new software are really not good for me as I do not want the user to see any tools (not for recording sake) but to do not interrupt the lesson flow. In ActivInspire you own the full white area while you do not with ClassFlow.
      – Also I’ve a note that activation for ClassFlow Desktop will expire in 3 months and then I must use it with a Promethean Board which I do not have, and I only have my ActivInspire serial and I do not have any ClassFlow for Schhol as mentioned by the software, and I’ve contacted support and they said I do not need ActivInspire serial, so it leads me to some circles 🙁

Hope this help 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi MGadAllah,

Thanks for your reply.

We can happily pass your feedback on to the development team for ClassFlow Desktop to improve for future functionality and use.

As for the ClassFlow Desktop software, this does require Promethean hardware such as an ActivBoard or ActivPanel to activate each 90 days. 
      As you do not have Promethean hardware then you will not be able to use this software after the initial 90 day trial of ClassFlow Desktop. 

As you only have a license for ActivInspire, we would recommend continuing to use this software for the time being but we hope that we are able to implement all the recommendations that you have provided for future releases of the ClassFlow Desktop software. 
      Alternatively, you can simply use ClassFlow.com which doesn’t require you to have any Promethean hardware and this will allow you to have the same functionality.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello MGadAllah,

Following up on your request, our development team need a little more information on what features you would like to see in ClassFlow Desktop: 

– Which tools, in particular, do you want adding to ClassFlow Desktop?

– ClassFlow Desktop does have the screen recorder option. Is there any issue with this or is it how it works that you would like changing? 

– You mentioned the layout – this we may be able to raise with our development team, but we could do with knowing what you want to do in regards to the layout? Where would you want the tools to be?

Thank you,

Craig 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi MGadAllah,

Thanks for your reply.

We can happily pass your feedback on to the development team for ClassFlow Desktop to improve for future functionality and use.

As for the ClassFlow Desktop software, this does require Promethean hardware such as an ActivBoard or ActivPanel to activate each 90 days. 
      As you do not have Promethean hardware then you will not be able to use this software after the initial 90 day trial of ClassFlow Desktop. 

As you only have a license for ActivInspire, we would recommend continuing to use this software for the time being but we hope that we are able to implement all the recommendations that you have provided for future releases of the ClassFlow Desktop software. 
      Alternatively, you can simply use ClassFlow.com which doesn’t require you to have any Promethean hardware and this will allow you to have the same functionality.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Thanks a lot for prompt reply my friend.
      May you tell me more info about ClassFlow.com as I’ve already created an account on the website and downloaded the software from the website, so please clear the way or steps I should follow to activate it from the website ClassFlow.com ?

Hello MGadAllah,

Following up on your request, our development team need a little more information on what features you would like to see in ClassFlow Desktop: 

– Which tools, in particular, do you want adding to ClassFlow Desktop?

– ClassFlow Desktop does have the screen recorder option. Is there any issue with this or is it how it works that you would like changing? 

– You mentioned the layout – this we may be able to raise with our development team, but we could do with knowing what you want to do in regards to the layout? Where would you want the tools to be?

Thank you,

Craig 

Really much appreciate such spirit my friend.
      I am sorry for the long reply but it is just I like the software and appreciate all support stuff and do as best as I can to help 🙂
      If I was in your shoes I will think as follow:
      I am developing a new software to fulfill what so ever reasons for me as a company and for sure there are many users used to use the old software for many years, so in order to keep the loyalty of my customer I will show users in terms of videos or images how to do every single thing they used to do in ActivInspire how to do it in ClassFlow.
      For example:
      When you develop the ActivInspire you planed the screen and windows for the software and menus for each ones and what commands to do to execute particular tasks.
      So (I know it may seems a lot but will be perfect if done) you may open ActivInspire and click on file and hit “New FlipChart”, then you explain how to do so in the new ClassFlow. and so on for every single command or tasks we used to do in the ActivInspire.
      If you do so you will strike several birds with one stone with a single shot:
      – Users who already know the ActivInspire will continue do what they used to do in ClassFlow with no issues.
      – Users who already know ActivInspire may not be aware of everything in the software and if you did showed that, it will open up new aspect for them.
      – When you explain every single feature of the software that may let users change the way they plan for the lesson using the software (speaking for myself when I’ve the used the spotlight for the 1st time I was impressed and that made me change the plan for some lessons using this feature.
      – You’ve already owned me once I’ve found ActivInspire 2.9.x working with my tablet because I’ve found someone there for me thinking about me and solving my problem so if you do so for ClassFlow that would be awesome.
      For example, when I choose to record screen in ActivInspire I’ve the option to record full screen or area while in ClassFlow you force to choose Full screen or a windows while I may not want to record the whole windows and want to just record some parts of it.
      And so on ….etc 
      Also there are extra details for sub tools like spotlight, it has some options in ActivInspire like a shortcut and the shape of the spotlight …etc and I am afraid that it does not exist in ClassFlow.
      So please check and investigate everything in ActivInspire and show us how to do it and do not let us guess. 
      I know you have webinars …etc but honestly it did not solve the issues.
      You konw what, if you were planning to divide features into several software to increase the sales or increase the profile like what Adobe or Microsoft does, this is something I may understand (while I will not like as a customer because it will makes me pay more but honestly it will be good for you as a company) but you do not even do that, so why you are screw the features you provide in the software? develop means improve not let go.
      Regarding the layout, please let me own my desktop and resize what I am working on because it says ClassFlow Desktop, so let me own it.
      Also why no shortcuts are carried on from ActivInspire except few? please increase the shortcuts to facilitate our work.
      At lease give me the right click option to let me find a way to more features.
      I do understand that you place the tools at the bottom to make easy to reach it (I can not deny it is good) but it eats my screen when I click on it and also the blocks are big.
      It would be really more easier if you add many of these to the right click menu.
      The bottom line is if you are adding extra feature to force me move towards the new software that includes these features, I may accept it.
      But if you are removing remarkable features … then why on earth you are losing your market share and sell your customers to your competitors?
      I consider myself a well experienced guy when it comes to create educational screencast video tutorials and can tell which way is better compared to others and I did in both Arabic and English for different ages in various topics.
      Best of luck for you all 🙂 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Activating the ClassFlow Desktop software can be done in one of two ways:

1. Logging into a ClassFlow server service purchased by your school or school board (e.g. yourschool.classflow.com instead of just classflow.com); your Promethean salesperson or sales contact will have more information about the pricing of this service and its availability.
      2. Connecting to a Promethean board or interactive display before opening the software.  This will require the our ActivDriver be installed on the computer in use so that computer can recognize our hardware.

In either case, this would have to be done at least once every 90 days(3 months) to maintain the activation.

We will bring the rest of your feedback to the attention of our development team as suggestions for improvement to the software.

Anonymous
      Inactive

MGadAllah said:

Just updated to ActivInspire v.2.9.66777 and finally my Wacom Intuos Pro working flawlessly 🙂
      The last working version was v2.4.66096 
      2.5.x and 2.6.x and 2.7.x and 2.8.x were not working at all with my Wacom tablet.
      Thanks for that update 🙂
      By the way I’ve tried the new ClassFlowDesktop and I am not impressed or comfort with it and I will stick to ActivInspire, especially that I am not using any Promethean products except ActivInspire for my educational screen casting video tutorials in conjunction with Camtasia Studio and Snagit from TechSmith.

Seems like the new version v.2.10 also doesn’t work with the wacom!

I upgraded from 2.4 and had the same problems I had earlier with 2.6.

Can I download 2.9.66777 somewhere?

Thx!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi finchy,

We will send an email shortly with a download link for the 2.9 version. 

Thanks,
      Michael

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thx for the email! And version 2.9 works flawlessly! Seems strange to me that 2.9 works ok and 2.10 suddenly has the same errors the earlier version 2.6 had….

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi finchy,

Thanks for letting us know that this works.

We will help to raise this with our development team for future.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes v2.10.66827 has the exact same problem.
      I’ve both versions v2.4.66096 (200 mb) | v2.9.66777 (159 mb)
      My advise is to download both versions and keep it in a place you can access any time  like dropbox or a like service because they are not providing permanent access for previous versions. 

Anonymous
      Inactive
      Hello MGadAllahfinchy
      The issue you raised with us on this case in regard to ActivInspire has now been rectified in the new v2.11.66910 update.

To obtain this update simply head to our support pages: https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/activinspire.html

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks
      Adam

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.