Accessories
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      GenoGeno
      Participant

A customer of mine — a teacher — has an ActivSlate (PRM-RS1-01) that we can no longer register. His ActivHub has firmware v5.11.4. When we press and hold the flame button on the Slate, REGISTER appears, however clicking the letter buttons doesn’t show results, and REGISTER quickly goes away. He is running the current ActivInspire (2.4.66096) and ActivDriver (5.11.7) versions.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Geno,

Thanks for posting. We’ve opened case 570303 in our records.

If your hub version is 5.11, I’m guessing it’s the 2.4GHz Activhub labelled PRM-RS2?

If so, please understand that the RS1 slate won’t register to this hub. Typically where this slate was purchased there was a board also installed that it would register through.

Do you know if your customer still has their board from this time, whether it’s being detected by the driver, and whether it shows up in the registration window for Activinspire?

Thank you,
      Daniel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Daniel, thanks for your help. I didn’t realize there was any Slate dependency on the ActivBoard, thinking the communication was entirely between the Slate and the Hub. This teacher uses a set of ActivExpressions, and of course used the Slate previously, but he replaced his ActivBoard (AC2) with a large television. So are you saying there won’t be any way, without the ActivBoard, to be able to make his Slate work? He has an iPad, so I guess Splashtop could be an option.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Geno,

There was a hub created for this model slate some years ago, though no longer available through Promethean. I’m not sure if you may be able to lay hands on one though want you to be informed of all your options. The model number would be PRM-AH1.

Our current model of slate does work with the hub, so this may also be an option.

I can’t suggest any third party apps or hardware though some of our users may be able to. Otherwise, I hope the above helps.

Thank you,
      Daniel

Anonymous
      Inactive

I see. Before taking the ActivBoard out, this teacher was able to use his ActivSlate consistently, registered to this same ActivHub, but it sounds as though the board played some kind of role in that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.