Wireless Presentations
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lori PrichardLori Prichard
      Participant

I was curious if there is a way to cast the Promethean screen TO another tv.  I tried to use the “cast” button from the main drop down menu on the OPS and it will not connect to my Classroom tv I have for the kids in the back (I have a large group this year).  I have made sure the “miracast” is enabled.  I have a 70 inch ActivPanel 5 so there is no HDMI output to run cable.  Anyone????

Hi Lori,

Thanks for posting.

The ActivCast on the OPS-G is a receiver rather than a sender, so this wouldn’t work to display to another screen.

The only other option would be to use the HDMI OUT, although this is not available on your model of ActivPanel.

It may be possible to use other third party apps which may allow for this, although they are none that I can think of that would be beneficial to you. It may be worth browsing the internet to see for other suitable methods.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

Steve ClaySteve Clay
      Participant

Along this same thread, if I have two Promethean Boards (ActivPanel 75″ 4K with ActivConnect OPS-G) in the same room, can I use one laptop to connect to both of them to display simultaneously or have the two devices mirror each other if connected to an app? The room I am looking to place them in is long and narrow so two displays would be ideal but to have to adjust two devices consecutively is not conducive to the environment.

Thank you!

Hi Steve,

This wouldn’t be possible to cast to 2 screens at the same time.

You could potentially look at connecting your laptop to the HDMI input on 1 ActivPanel and having a HDMI cable run from the HDMI OUT port to the 2nd ActivPanels HDMI inputs.

This would show the same image on both screens.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

Lori PrichardLori Prichard
      Participant

Because I have the 70 inch with no HDMI output, is there any way to  install an output port?

Hi Lori,

You would be limited here as there is no HDMI Output.

You could look at HDMI splitters, although this is not recommended as this can reduce the quality of the input that is received by the ActivPanel.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.