Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tara PlouffTara Plouff
      Participant

When I try to create a shortcut bubble on the home screen, it will not give me Chrome as an app choice (though Chrome is an installed app on the board). How do I fix this?

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your post.

When you select the shortcut option, you will need to select a generic app and then select Chrome.

Please let us know if you need any further support.

Kind regards,

Craig

Tara PlouffTara Plouff
      Participant

Hi Craig,

I want to create a web shortcut using Chrome to a specific site (like a shortcut on your Desktop). I do the following:

1. Click on Shortcut

2. Click on Bookmark

3. These are my options. I don’t have Chrome or the site I bookmarked in the Chrome app as an option. What can I do?

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your post.

We will need to test this here. Can you please confirm if you are using an OPS-G or an ActivConnect (small silver box)?

Can you also confirm the software version running on the unit?

To bookmark the page you want:
      Press and hold in the center of the wheel, select “add bubble” then select “Short cut” and then press “book mark”
      This should bring up your book marks. Just select the one you want and it will create a bubble.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Craig

Tara PlouffTara Plouff
      Participant

It is an OPS-G. Software version 2.4.4.4.

When I follow your steps (the pictures I posted previously), the Chrome bookmark I create (in Chrome) is not there. In Chrome, it is referred to as a Mobile Bookmark. On the board, it says Local Bookmark. How does one create a Local Bookmark? Or how does one create a shortcut with a Mobile Bookmark?

Please try this on your end:

• Create a bookmark in the Chrome app.
      • Follow the steps to create a shortcut. You will notice that the bookmark you created does not appear as an option.

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your reply.

We tested this on our end and were not able to find a way via Opera or Chrome on how to get a bookmark to be a shortcut, nor could we seem to add any page into the bookmark area.

We will raise this as an enhancement request to our developers team. This will allow our Product Team to review the request and possibly implement this in upcoming versions of the software.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Promethean Technical Support

Tara PlouffTara Plouff
      Participant

I appreciate you trying. Yes, I think this would be an excellent feature to add.

Eddie PrometheanEddie Promethean

Hi Tara,

Thank you for your reply.

We have raised this as an enhancement request.

Please stay tuned to the announcement tab in the forum. If this is implemented it will be announced there.

Please let us know if we can be of  any further assistance.

Best regards,

Eddie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.