December 4, 2020 at 8:25 am #31617Luk GoffinParticipant
I am new here, we use a beamer UST-P1 and ActivBoard 300 (HID v8.12)
I installed chromecast on the HDMI port, video is working well via casting, but i get no sound via chromecast.
Sound is working well via HDMI & USB connected to laptop !
Which sound cable/connector do I need to connect where (both sides) for sound witch Chromecast ?
Many thanks in advance for your help !
December 7, 2020 at 3:13 pm #31666Craig PrometheanModerator
Thank you for your post.
You would need to connect an audio cable from the projector to the mono/aux port on the amp on your ActivBoard.
Below is a link to a support article showing the connections on your ActivBoard:
Please let us know if you need any further support.
December 8, 2020 at 12:55 pm #31690Luk GoffinParticipant
Many thanks for your feedback !
I was wrong, it is not a UST-P1 beamer but a EST-P1 beamer from promethean !
Sorry for my mistake !
I do not find any sound connection on the beamer ?
The available connections for EST-P1 are :
1. VGA OUT Connect the RGB CABLE to a display
2. RS-232 Connect RS-232 serial port cable for remote control
3. VGA – 1 Connect the RGB CABLE
4. VGA – 2 Connect the RGB CABLE
5. RJ – 45 Connect a LAN CABLE from Ethernet
6. S-VIDEO IN Connect the S-VIDEO CABLE from a video device
7. VIDEO IN Connect the COMPOSITE CABLE from a video device
8. USB Connect the USB CABLE from a computer
9. AC IN Connect the POWER CABLE 10
10. HDMI Connect the HDMI CABLE from a HDMI device 9
Sadly this beamer does not even have a built-in speaker ?
Is there any other possibility to provide sound from EST-P1 together witch chromecast ?
Already many thanks in advance for your feedbak !
December 9, 2020 at 1:27 pm #31722Craig PrometheanModerator
Thank you for confirming. The EST-P1 projector does not have an audio port.
You would be unable to play audio when using the Chrome Cast.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)