Interactive Whiteboards

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous

Hello,

This issue occurs repeatedly, on various ActivWalls, with the most up to do board drivers and activdrivers.

As you can see in the image below, occasionally when a teacher attempts to activate the whiteboard, the screen shifts to the left (always the left) and kind of scrunches everything together.  Once this happens, no amount of activating the whiteboard/deactivating it will get it to fill the board.  The only way to fix the issue is to restart Classflow desktop completely.

Any solutions?

Anonymous

Hi Byron,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

For this issue, does this happen all the time? Is the ActivWall connected to the computer when ClassFlow Desktop is started?

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous

As you can see in the picture, the computer is actually mounted to the wall and constantly connected to the Promethean Board.  On a daily basis, the board, projector, and computer are always connected.  The only time anything is disconnected is for IT work – which isn’t very often because the hardware setup we put together is, basically, flawless (brushes shoulder haha).  It’s just the darn software that always gives us trouble… (and, believe me, I’m not JUST picking on ClassFlow with that comment)

As for “all the time”, I wouldn’t go that far, but it does happen often enough.  Perhaps every day, and I’ve seen it occur in at least 3 different teachers’ classrooms.  I’m sure it’s happened in other places, as well, but these things often go unreported by most…

Anonymous

Hey Byron,

Thank you for that information.

What version is the ClassFlow Desktop software currently at?
    Please make sure that you have the option for automatic updates selected. 

Does the issue occur only when initiating Instant Whiteboard or after being in the application for a little while?

I was testing in the office with our ActivWall. I was not able to replicate the issue but will continue to test this issue. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards,
    Maggie
    Promethean Technical Support 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.