Software Solutions
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      teacher24_70teacher24_70
      Participant

Can anyone using a Mac tell me how well ActivInspire is working on Big Sur?  I’m currently running Catalina and have had some issues with ActivInspire.  Random text selections/movement, app crashing, action objects not working, etc. While these things are highly annoying, I can at least still use ActivInspire on my laptop even with these annoyances.

I’m hoping to upgrade FINALLY upgrade to Big Sure this summer, but want to make sure that ActivInspire is fully functional on that OS.  I would hope that it would be considering that Big Sur has been out for 7-8 months now, but want to make sure. I rely heavily on ActivInspire to create and work on flipcharts for my classroom.  I don’t usually need to be able to plug the Promethean board into it, since it’s plugged into my desktop computer (Windows) at school.  However, I HAVE to be able to create and edit flipcharts on the Mac.

Hello teacher24_70,

Thank you for your post on our Support Community.

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with ActivInspire on your Mac running Catalina. Could you please confirm which version of the software you have? You can check this by opening the program and clicking on “Help” and then “About.”

Does this happen when the computer is connected to Promethean hardware?

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall ActivInspire? The following article provides guidance on that: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1646/.

Regarding the compatibility, MacOS Big Sur is currently supported on ActivInspire version 2.21, as you can see in the system requirements page of the software: https://support.prometheanworld.com/activinspire-system-requirements-en

Should you require any more help, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.