Software Solutions
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Alex KyriacouAlex Kyriacou
      Participant

Hi there… I have recently bought a Wacom

intuos pro graphic tablet so that I could draw on flip charts using the tablet. I am experiencing some compatibility issues with the 2.18 version of activ inspire. Is this a problem that can be solved? Or are there other graphics tablets that work without issues with activ inspire?

Many thanks in advance, your help would be greatly appreciated

kind regards

Alex

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Alex,

Which version of our ActivDriver have you got installed?  And did you go into the Driver Control – Panel and under the Pen tab, did you change the setting from Mouse to Tablet?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

home

Participant

Hi Wendy… thanks for getting back to me….

This is just for use with activ inspire on my computer. So there is no use of interactive whiteboard/activ driver. It works ok up to a point but then as soon as you switch from pen to another tool like shapes/highlighter the Wacom pen goes a bit crazy and I lose control of functionality.

I have read there were problems with earlier versions of activ inspire and wacom tablets but I’m bought this might have been resolved…

Many thanks

alex

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Alex,

I think you also submitted a contact form for this directly, do let me know if you still need a follow up here.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Wendy

home

Participant

Hi Wendy… thanks very much for your help… I think my work lap top I’m using is quite old and struggling with hardware and software. I’m going to upgrade and buy my own. It’s time! I do have a question though. How much would it cost to buy the latest version of activ inspire for personal use….?  unfortunately  I can’t download my schools version due to the closures…. and I’m not sure when we’ll return. Thank you again

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Alex,

You do not need to download anything from the school

As long as the school has Promethean Displays, you can use the Hardware Serial number to generate a license key for ActivInspire Professional.

Details are here:

Alternatively, provided the school registered their Promethean Displays, we can access the hardware serial numbers for you and help you with that.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

home

Participant

Thanks so much for this Wendy. I might get in touch next week if I’m struggling with getting the information. My lap top arrives Tuesday. Your help is greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy the Easter.

Alex

Eddie PrometheanEddie Promethean

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of further assistance with this matter. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Eddie

Participant

Hi Wendy…. the IT support at my school aren’t replying to my emails… would it be possible for you to get the hardware serial numbers?

My school is La Sainte Union Catholic Secondary school in Camden, London. I am the head of department (maths) there. Please do let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you again for your help

Alex Kyriacou

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Alex,

I’ve had a look at our system regarding your hardware. I will drop you a direct email regarding licenses.

Kind regards,

Craig

home

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.