Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Nuno PauloNuno Paulo
      Participant

Hello,

When i try to connect the usb from my activ board in this machine says usb not recognized and the aplication dont work.

From my older pc’s Works fine.
      Have the latest version of active inspire.

Can someone help?
      Thanks in advanced
      Nuno

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Nuno,

Thank you for your post.

Since you are using a new laptop the issue may be related to the USB 3.0 ports.
      Please connect the board to the laptop using a 3m (or less) USB cable as USB 3.0 ports only support a connection of up to 3m long.

Also, please ensure that the latest Promethean driver is installed which can be found on the link below:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your reply, i have tested with a usb cable with less then 3 meters and it worked, but my Setup does’t allow me to work like that i hacve the board in the end of a room with a big table and need to Plug to the board using a conector in the midle off the room.

How can i solve this because i need to change some off the pc’s that i am using.

Thanks
      Nuno

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Nuno,

Perhaps you can purchase a USB repeater such as the one in the link below:

http://needitnow.gb.prometheanworld.com/collections/activboard-300-series/products/activ-usb-original-extension

The products in our online store are only available in the UK, but you can have a look at similar products in any IT equipment store.

Please let us know if you require further details.

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Miguel,

Thanks, i will check on that, then i will let you know the result

Thanks
      Nuno

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.