Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      ByronByron
      Participant

A few teachers at my school prefer to draw on ActivInspire through their tablets instead of writing directly on the board. We have a wireless adapter that lets them project their work to the ActivBoard fairly well with their tablets that have Windows 8.1 installed. However, we’ve upgraded a few teacher 2-in-1 laptop/tablets (Dell Latitude 7350) to Windows 10 so that we can work all the kinks out of the OS before we deploy it to all teacher devices.

Here’s the problem:

One teacher was using a Dell Venue Active Stylus just fine with her device running Windows 8.1, but once she received Windows 10, she can no longer draw in ActivInspire. Interestingly, the stylus pen still functions by allowing her to click through the file manager and it even lets her select tools from the toolbar, but even though it will highlight the pen tool, offering the illusion that she should be able to write just fine on the flipchart, whenever she tries, the little cursor symbol persists and she is unable to draw on the flipchart.

The pen doesn’t seem to be at fault, as she can use it to draw just fine in other programs such as Word or OneNote. I’m wondering if this is a driver issue or an optimization issue between Windows 10 and ActivInspire or something else.

Whether or not anyone can provide a solution, any information would still be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Byron,

Thanks for your post.

To run Windows 10 with ActivInspire you will need the very latest driver and version of ActivInspire.

I have popped some links below to our support site so you can download straight away –

https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/activinspire.html

https://support.prometheanworld.com/help-library/?q=10902

Please remove your current driver before you install the latest (5.12.17)

Let us know if you have any problems,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Craig,

Thanks for the response, but all the drivers are already up to date.

ActivInspire seems to work fine in Windows 10 on our laptops, it’s just the stylus that doesn’t seem to have full functionality with the program. Like I mentioned, the stylus works fine with all the other “drawing” programs in Windows 10, with the exception of ActivInspire. It’ll tap the icons just fine, but it simply won’t draw when the pen icon is selected.

Honestly, I’m not sure if there’s even a workaround here. It might just be one of those devices that just won’t work with the combination of ActivInspire and Win10

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Please try to change the settings below in ActivInspire and test again:

– Open ActivInspire
      – Click on File
      – Click on Settings
      – Ensure you are in the Settings tab
      – Click on Dual Mode ActivBoards
      – Change the settings in the dropdown menus as per below:

Touch input handling > Touch and ActivPen
      Touch interoperability > Default
      Default tool for touch > Pen
      Default object interaction mode > Any

– Click on Done
      – Test the pen/touch

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Miguel,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, this didn’t help. I even tried it with multiple computers.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Can you please confirm the full version of ActivInspire? Click on Help>About.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Can you please confirm the full version of ActivInspire? Click on Help>About.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Miguel,

Thanks for staying on top of this.

The version number is 2.5.66477

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Byron,

Thank you for the information.
      It seems al of your version and settings are set correctly.
      Not sure why the stylus is not working in Windows 10.
      This issue is being escalated for further review. It will be raised to the developers.

Frances
      Promethean Technical Support.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Byron,

We have added the request to our enhancement request. Our second level support team have advised that installing a later version of ActivInspire (2.4) may help.

Please let us know if you would like us to email you the file.

Thank you,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Craig,

We actually have 2.5.66477 installed currently. Do you mean to say that we should downgrade to an earlier version?

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Frances,

Thanks. I appreciate the willingness to help.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Byron,

Yes, downgrading to a slightly older version may help.

I have sent you an email with a link for a slightly older version of ActivInspire.

Thanks,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey Craig,

Downgrading to 2.4 worked perfect! Full functionality with the stylus is restored. Appreciate the tip. Hopefully the older version doesn’t do other wonky things with Windows 10 though… lol. Guess we’ll find out.

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a similar issue with the most recent upgrade. I have a wireless Huion tablet that is suddenly not working with ActiveInspire. The tablet still functions and draws in other applications, but not ActiveInspire.

Can I also get a link to downgrade the software?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Will,

Please find below a link for ActivInspire 2.4:

https://promethean.box.com/ActivInspire-2-4

Please let us know if you need any further support.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

2.4 works pretty well with the stylus in Surface Pro 4 too – but Classflow doesn’t! ClassFlow works flawlessly in 2.6, but stylus not. When will we get our stylus/tablets to work with ActivInspire AND ClassFlow? I mean: hey guys, we are in classroom every day and need our tools…  Meanwhile Tablet PCs are very common, or did I miss something?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

We appreciate your frustration, this issue is being investigated by our software team and will be addressed in a future release of ActivInspire.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

BTW, for your software team, it appears that the software is registering pressing press and button release events.  It is not registering button hold events from the stylus.  Other applications like Microsoft Paint IS Registering Button Hold events.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thanks for that furtehr information, I will make sure that this is passed on.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

I also have this problem. Windows 10, HP Spectre with HP pen. v 2.6. I can select different icons in ActivInspire, but when I try to draw/write nothing happens. But the pen works perfectly in Paint etc

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

As the same issue is affecting your HP Spectre, we would recommend downgrading to ActivInspire 2.4 from the below link:
      https://promethean.box.com/ActivInspire-2-4

Should a fix for this issue be released we will let you know.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.