- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
November 19, 2014 at 5:32 pm #115Stephen RektenwaldParticipant
Is there a way to temporarily disable touch capabilities with an activtouch board when I am not projecting my screen?
November 19, 2014 at 6:54 pm #3484AnonymousInactive
Can you give me a bit of background on why this would be needed?
If you are not displaying and image the board would be a blank surface, are you looking to use it as a whiteboard to write on with markers during this time?
Maybe you can let me know how the touch interferes with what your doing?
Reason I’m asking: there is no straightforward way of disabling the touch without disconnecting the board altogether, but perhaps we can find a way around it if I know how it’s interfering.
Your case reference for this is 00459744
November 29, 2014 at 6:05 pm #3485AnonymousInactive
Yes, this would be on using the board as a whiteboard or inadvertant touches when the projector is not being used. Examples projector is off, teacher is conferencing with students at her desk so computer is open, students walk by and graze the whiteboard moving the mouse and sometimes clicking on icons on the computer. We have investigated exiting ActivManager, but haven’t found an easy way for teachers to restart short of “restarting the computer.”
December 1, 2014 at 2:27 pm #3486AnonymousInactive
Thank you for getting back to me Stephen.
Unplugging the USB cable to the board from the PC USB port is the most straightforward way to accomplish this, but there might be the odd occasion where the board is not detected when reconnecting.
The teacher’s machine would have to be restarted in this case.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.200 (released 20 September 2021)
- Release notes for Radix agent v1.27.1 (released 25 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.0 (released 16 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5.2 (released 30 June 2021)