- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
August 12, 2015 at 7:28 pm #755Janice HarpParticipant
I have an older Promethean board. Last year my computer was reformatted. I needed technical assistance to download a version of Activinspire that works with my board. This year I have a new computer and once again need help to download Activinspire. Would it be possible for someone to call me to help me do this?
August 13, 2015 at 12:35 am #5157AnonymousInactive
Janice, the Promethean board you have shouldn’t matter, unless it’s a 178, in which case there is a charge to upgrade to the ActivInspire Professional Edition. Otherwise, make sure your computer is USB-connected to the board and follow the directions at http://220.127.116.11/system/selfservice.controller.
August 13, 2015 at 7:11 am #5158AnonymousInactive
ActivInspire should work on your new computer with no issues.
It is possible that you were referring to the driver at all?
If your ActivBoard is a serial connection (possibly with a USB adapter) then the default driver which installs with ActivInspire will only install the USB only option.
You can download the older version of the driver from the below link.
32bit version: https://promethean.box.com/activdriver-5-7-serial-and-usb
64bit version: https://promethean.box.com/activdriver-5-7-x64
Please ensure that you have drivers installed for any third party adapters or extenders that may be in use.
We also recommend that the connection between the ActivBoard and the laptop is removed before the driver is installed and connecting the cable once the driver has been installed.
If you are still having issues please contact Promethean Technical Support a list of contact numbers can be found on the link below:
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)