Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Adam VeatchAdam Veatch
      Participant

I’ve noticed that the MSI ActivDriver does not adhere to the /norestart and Reboot=REALLYSUPPRESS command line options. It forces a restart no matter what. Is there a way to prevent this via CLI or possibly in the next driver update? If it could return the 3010 exit code to let my installer know that it needs a reboot instead of immediately tripping one, I’d appreciate it.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Adam,

Thanks for posting.  We have tested this and using the command as per the image and the ActivDriver installed and did not force a restart?

Can you please confirm the full operating system version you are using and we can try to replicate your issue.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Adam VeatchAdam Veatch
      Participant

Sorry. I included it in the title but not the text. It’s the Repair option for the MSI that isn’t adhering to the /qn /norestart Reboot=REALLYSUPPRESS.

So for instance:

msiexec /fa .\ActivDriver_5_18_19_x64.msi /qn /norestart

msiexec /fa .\ActivDriver_5_18_19_x64.msi /qn /norestart Reboot=REALLYSUPPRESS

Those force an immediate restart. Even the /fp command on a fresh install which should have no files that need replacing.

Hi Adam,

Sorry I missed that from the title.  I am going to escalate this internally and come back to you with more information.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Adam,

I have been asked why you need to repair the MSI? Do you have any actual issues?

It’s also worth noting that the repair wont work with the MSI path. It will only work for the product code:
      2021-03-08_15-06-43

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Paul

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.