Software Solutions
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      PaulRindahlPaulRindahl
      Participant

I downloaded ActiveInspire on my home computer so I can create my lessons at home and then email them to myself at school to present. I teach math and so the equation editor is used a lot. At school, my ActiveInspire has the equation editor.

The download I got does not have the equation editor. I have gone to the Insert menu but there is no equation. What have I done wrong? Please help as I can’t really do a math lesson without the equation editor.

Please email me back at your convenience.

Thank you,
      Paul Rindahl
      Leesville HS
      Leesville LA

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello, Paul!
      Maybe at your home computer you only use the peronal edition of ActivInspire?
      Walter

Anonymous
      Inactive

I thought I downloaded the whole enchilada. How do I get the full version and not the personal edition?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello, Paul!
      You downloaded the full Version. If you don’t activate the Professional Version you only are allowed to work with the Personal Version. You can activate the Professional version by typing in an Activation key in the menu under the item ‘Help-About’. As Activation key you may need a key from the software in your school.
      (Sorry for my bad English;-))

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Paul,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

The information that Walterclausen provided is correct.
      Your ActivInspire activation key will start with 0015 or 0016, this will need to be entered into the ActivInspire software under Help>About>Register. 

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi 

Sorry to reopen this but I have obviously already used the code for my work pc, so is it possible to use the same code on my home pc, as obviously this is where i do most of my work and like the OP I am a maths teacher and the maths tools are very important. 

What can I do?

Thanks

Tom

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi tombourner,
      Each ActivBoard comes with an activation key that you can use on the computer thats connected to the ActivBoard and another for preparation for example at home.
      As long as you aren’t over going on this limit you are within the licensing agreement for ActivInspire.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Please help as I can’t really do a math lesson without the equation editor.
      what can ı do?send me a e-mail with math equation editor .please 
      fatihkaykun@hotmail.com
      fatihkaykun@gmail.com

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi geometrix,

The Equation editor requires Java to run and the Professional version of ActivInspire to be used.

If you do not have the Professional version of ActivInspire, enter your ActivInspire Activation key to upgrade the software.
      Alternatively, if you do not have Promethean hardware, please contact a Promethean reseller to enquire about the costs of the Professional edition.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have the professional edition and installed java, but I still get the message that says, “Failed to load the Java runtime environment, please install the latest Java Runtime Envirnonment to its default location…” Then I’ve restarted ActiveInspire and when that didn’t work, rebooted my machine. But I still get this same message.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi billtowne,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Please could you let us know what version of ActivInspire is installed?
      Does this make a difference if you upgrade to V2.13?

What operating system are you using? 

If you re-install Java (and ensure Flash is installed), do you get the same error?

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.