Software Solutions
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Rihards BulmeistersRihards Bulmeisters
      Participant

Hello! There is a problem with ActivInspire. When you press equation button, it shows π symbol, but doesn’t let you to write an equation. It is important for teacher of mathy, because she uses ActivExpression, but can’t get an equation on it. Teacher said it started to happen, when ActivInspire was upgraded from v2.16 to v2.17 . Yesterday we also tried to upgrade it to v2.18 , but nothing changes.

Best regards,

Rihards Bulmeisters

Installer

Hi Rihard,

Thanks for posting.

When you choose Insert>Equation, you get presented with the symbol, you then need to click on your flipchart and this will launch the Equation Editor and allow for you to enter your equations.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Participant

Hello Adam,

I tried, but it isn’t happening to me. When i got presented with the equation symbol, i clicked on flipchart, but it shows that loading circle for about second an nothing else happens, it didn’t launched the Equation Editor. Tried it on multiple computers with ActivInspire v 2.18 , but nothing happens on all of them.

Thanks

Rihards

Hi Rihards,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you ensure that you have Java installed as the Equation Editor will load a Java app at this point. If it’s not installed or has issues, then this could relate to what happens when you try to use this.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Participant

Hello Adam!

Java wasn’t installed on my pc. I installed it, and now everything works fine.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Rihards

Hi Rihards,

Thanks for the update, glad this has been solved.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

HIKMET ERDOGANHIKMET ERDOGAN
      Participant

which version of Java should we install?

I have the same problem.

Hi,

ActivInspire and other Promethean products require the Java runtime library to run. Please visit Java’s website to check which version you have, and update if necessary.
      Should you receive a popup related to Java when launching or using ActivInspire, please follow the instructions in the popup and install the required version.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

HIKMET ERDOGANHIKMET ERDOGAN
      Participant

I installed Java and problem has been solved now.

Thanks

Olivier MARTINIEREOlivier MARTINIERE
      Participant

Hi,

I have the same problem as described by Rihards at the top of this post: the Equation Editor worked well on former versions of Activinspire and now, it doesn’t work anymore and I have Java installed.

Version of Activinspire: 2.18.68238

Version of Java: 8.0.2410.7

I already tried to uninstall the 2.18 version of Activinspire and to install the former 2.16 version but it didn’t solve the problem. So, I installed again the 2.18 version and I updated Java to the 8.02410.7 version but the Equation Editor still doesn’t work.

What can I do to fix this problem ?

Best regards,

Olivier.

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Olivier,

Considering you have tried to reinstall both ActivInspire and Java, I would recommend doing a manual uninstall of ActivInspire to make sure all components are removed before putting both ActivInspire and Java back on completely from scratch.

Steps can be found in this article here, make sure to follow the steps carefully and remove all the folders listed:

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

home

Olivier MARTINIEREOlivier MARTINIERE
      Participant

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the instructions.

I will try as soon as our Middle School reopen. (school closed these days due to covid-19)

Best regards,

Olivier.

abaggettabaggett
      Participant

I had the same problem as Oliver up above and followed your advice to completely uninstall ActivInspire.  Then I reinstalled it and ActivDriver and now the application for ActivInspire doesn’t show up anywhere in the folders or applications.  Also instead of saying I need a newer version of java it is now saying I need a newer version of quicktime when I have 10.5 already installed.

Below I have the picture of the extra options at the end of the installation and it doesn’t let me make an alias on the desktop or open it in find…possibly because its not there.  Not sure what to do next and I am using ActivInspire EVERY day for my online lessons now. HELP!!!

Alisa WiseAlisa Wise
      Participant

I have been having the same problem. I just updated ActivInspire AND have updated JAVA… I cannot input an equation 🙁 PLEASE help!

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Alisa,

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried manually uninstalling and reinstalling ActivInspire and Java?

For guidance on manually uninstalling ActivInspire please see our support article for Mac or Windows as applicable.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards,

James

home

Alisa WiseAlisa Wise
      Participant

Hi James,

That sounds easy, except our district doesn’t like even supporting me with Promethean, so the sound of uninstalling and reinstalling will tick them off… b/c I don’t have ANY admin rights on my computer… so they have to do it 🙁 Is this the only way?

Karen LongKaren Long
      Participant

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. I also have the latest version of Java on my computer. When I click on the equation editor and attempt to input an equation. I get the message in the attached picture.

I have restarted my computer multiple times in hopes it would star working. NADA

Hello Karen and Alisa,

Thank you for your responses.

Have you ensured that you are running Java 32 bit and not 64 bit? Please try reinstalling 32-bit Java and re-testing – this should resolve the issue.

If not, please let us know.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
      Alex

Mirjana PečekMirjana Peček
      Participant

Poštovani,

instalirala sam ActiveInspire v2 kako bih istražila mogućnost pisanja jednadžbi.

Postoji li u ovoj verziji ta mogućnost ili sam ja nešto krivo napravila.

Lijep pozdrav,

Mirjana

Slim PrometheanSlim Promethean

Hello Mirjana,

Thank you for your post.

Kindly be informed that we do not offer support in Croatian.

As far as we could understand your message using Google Translator, we would like to confirm that you are indeed able to write equations using ActivInspire. The tool is located under the Insert menu > Equation.

We will be very happy to further assist you with your query should you write us back in English.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

We look forward to reading from you.

Kind regards,
      Slim

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.